Chapter 26:

Chapter 26:

Harry dropped me off home after we had arrived back to town since Zander went to visit some Connor guy and took Harrison with him. Harry just told me that he'll be in charge of the pack until Zander got back. He'd told me to be careful, lock the doors of the house and lock the windows.

I entered The Richard's house (home) and was yawning my whole way to the house. I texted Zander that I was home and told him I was going to finish up homework, and then go to bed.

That was a lie.

I was going to read the book that Marco had given me. I locked the front door, locked the windows of the whole house and then made my way to my room the second I'd arrived home. I stumbled, with tired eyes, to my room. Taking my jacket off, I opened the door and threw it somewhere behind me. I closed the door behind me as well, and entered my room. I sniffled and took my shoes off, followed by my shirt and pants off.

I stood there in my undergarments as I looked for my pajamas. Once I found them, I took my bra off and sighed in relief. I charged my phone and got comfortable in bed. I lay down and yawned once again.

I sat on my desk as I opened the drawer and pulled out the new yet old book out of there and held it in my hands. I breathed out. My phone vibrated in my pocket and without thinking I knew it was Zander. I pulled it out of my pocket and opened it. He'd sent me a goodnight and sent me kissy face emoticons message. I sent him the same thing as he did and put my phone on silent. I opened the book and gasped when I saw who it belonged to.

Helga.

I bit my lip, debating whether I should battle my tiredness and how sleepy I was, or to find out more answers.

Knowing I was going to regret my answer tomorrow morning, I flipped opened the first page of the book. There was a familiar name on the first page and I felt my eyes widening.

Helga.

Aunt Helga.

It wasn't a book; it was a diary. It was Helga's diary.

I read the first few pages but it was boring. What answers did Marco want me to know? A page–an entry–where Jana found her mate, (what was a mate?) a werewolf, who was named Eli Gallagher, my father's name, caught my attention.

Who was this Jana lady that Helga kept talking about?

But first of all, why was my Dad's name on this diary?

I gasped and flipped the page.