Chapter 12:

Chapter 12:

*Zander's POV:*

I don't know if I could do this.

I want to tell her, but I'm afraid she'll reject me for who I am and leave me. I probably sound selfish right now but I just don't want to tell her, but at the same time I do. I want her to know who I really am; not a human being but rather a beast.

"Alpha," There was a knock on the door interrupting my thoughts.

"Come in," I said as I sat up right in my desk.

The door opened to reveal Harrison, my beta, and Harry, my third in command.

"Sorry for interrupting you, Alpha," Harry said. "But there's an attack near the woods,"

"Rogues. About fifteen to twenty of them on the west side of the woods." Harrison said.

Rogues?

I sighed. "Thank you," I told them. "Are the warriors on it?"

"Yes Alpha,"

Make sure they don't get close to my mate, Magnus, my wolf told me.

Our mate, I reminded him as I mentally rolled my eyes at him.

"Are they away from the town? Is Aileen safe?" I asked.

"My sister is safe, yes." Harry said. I like how he referred my Kitten as his "sister" rather than the step-sibling that she was to him.

I exhaled. "Alright,"

"Alpha," One of the warriors mind linked me.

"Yes," I responded.

"One of the rogues would like to talk to you."

"Alright, I'll be over there," I cut the mind link off.

"Harry, stay here and watch over. Harrison, go and help patrol around the pack house and all over the perimeter. I have to go and check these rogues out." I told them as I walked out of my office.

As soon as I left and got to the woods, I shifted into my wolf. I felt my clothes shattering and ripping, my bones twisting in the most painful ways, fur coming out of my arms, legs, and face. I could feel my claws coming out of my hands. As an Alpha, my senses became much more alive.

I ran to where I could smell the rogues. Not even, three minutes later, I was standing in front of the rogues. There wasn't an attack, there were trees burnt and by the way I'm guessing, the fire on the trees was put out already. We had the rogues surrounded.

"Alpha Zander," A familiar feminine voice came out of the rogues. She put her hands up in the air claiming that she was no harm. But I couldn't trust these rogues.

I shifted back into human, not caring if I shifted back naked in front of these rogues.

Maybe I should do the talking, Magnus told me.

Alright, but no getting mouthy, if not then I'll take over, I told him.

"Loretta."

"Alpha," She said with a smirk on her mouth as she eyed me up and down.

"Why are you here?" Magnus asked a bit louder.

"To give you warning," She said looking at me as she crossed her arms across her chest. "About demons."

Demons?

"They been attacking our pack lately and terrorizing us."

"Rogues aren't packs."