Chapter 9:

Chapter 9:

*Zander's POV:*

We both exited out of my office and we made our way down to the main level. As we did, we were talking just about anything. Everyone was still slightly bowing down to us, but I made sure to let everyone in the pack know not to make it too obvious since I don't want to be scaring Aileen.

A familiar light brown haired girl walked in through the front door with kids and toddlers following her. She was smiling and laughing with them. She was patrolling, I knew it immediately, but I also knew that she was helping bringing the kids back home after a long day at the park. These pups didn't go to school yet but they loved spending their time at the park and run around and play around.

"Alright kids, now, everyone be safe and have a good day." At the sounds of her voice, my Kitten froze and faced her.

"Nat . . .?"

Oh crap. I forgot that she doesn't know that her best friend, well, Natalia Evans, was a wolf.

"What are you doing here?" She asked again.

Before Nat could say anything I sent her a mind link telling her not to mention anything of wolfs or say my name (Alpha Zander) out loud.

*Aileen's POV:*

What was Nat doing here? At Zander's house . . . well more like a mansion.

"I–I was just dropping the kids off after a day at the park." She said as she looked at me.

I looked at Zander and back at her. "Aren't you supposed to be at school?" I asked.

She giggled. "Don't you mean 'we'?" That's true. She looked at Zander and nodded her head at him. "Excuse me but I'm going back home now . . . Zander."

Zander nodded his head at her and she walked away, more like she scurried away. Okay that was weird. I'll have to ask her what all of that was about. As she walked out the front door, Harrison came down the stairs, his weight heavy due to the stairs creaking as he came running down the stairs.

"Where is she?" Harrison said as he was looking around and sniffing around.

Okay?

"Harrison." Zander said in a warning voice.

Harrison stopped whatever the hell he was doing and looked at us. He nodded his head. "Sorry, Zander, I got distracted by a certain something–someone."

"It's okay, you're in charge for now Harrison," Zander said nodding his head. "I need you to go your office and check what I sent you."

Harrison nodded his head, turned around and walked up the stairs again. But before he did, I swear he was sniffing the air around him.

"Come on, Kitten, I'm dropping you home." Zander said.

I blushed at the nickname he's given me. "Can you actually drop me off at my Aunt's house?"

"Anything, Kitten,"

We left his huge mansion/house and got inside his SUV. I noticed that by now it had stopped raining but there were still clouds. I gave him directions to my aunt's house. Well Helga is not really my aunt; she just raised me and was good friends with my father. She's an older middle aged lady that just treats me like her daughter. Helga couldn't have children, I never questioned why, but rather I just acted like her daughter. I love her for that. She was always there for me, even when my father passed away.

As soon as we got to the road to Helga's house, I stopped Zander. Helga didn't really liked unknown cars driving by, so I'm going to improvise by making something up or maybe somehow tell him the truth and hoping he does listen to me.