Chapter 18:

Chapter 18:

*Aileen's POV:*

"Let me just use this, and then will be done!" Nat said through my closed my eyes. I didn't know what she meant with "let me use this this" but she's been beating my face with makeup for the past hour, face primer, contouring, setting powder, and a whole bunch of makeup brushes. I love the way Nat does people's makeup, so she told me that she was for sure going to do mine.

"Zander's mouth will be on the floor as soon as he lays eyes on you." I recall her telling me.

She had done something to my hair but I don't know what, since she didn't want me opening my eyes.

I felt her put something cold on my eyelashes. Falsies. At least that's what I heard her murmuring. I couldn't wait to put on one of the dresses that Aunt Helga had given me. She had given me a black one that had lace/crochet collar that had sleeves up to my elbows. The other dress that she had given, a wine red that was laced on my torso as well as my arms up to my elbows, and it was just plain red at the bottom, and it was a bit longer: up to my knees. Both dresses were just plain beautiful.

"Voilà!" I heard Nat say. "Open your eyes."

I opened my eyes to see a grinning Nat with her hands clasped together. I stood up and she pointed over to a mirror. I walked over there and kept staring at the other girl behind the glass. I looked different. My hair was set up in a messy side braid that started at the front top of my head and went down. I looked at my eyes and wow! I just looked like a different person. Oh the power of makeup! I could see the eye shadow, how Nat had blended it with a couple other colors until it looked like what she was reaching.

"Say something babe. You being quiet, is scaring me; you're never like this." Nat said behind me.

I looked at her through the reflection of the mirror and let out a smile. "Thank you! I love it so much!"

Her face broke into a huge smile and she turned to hug me. I hugged her back and thanked her before looking back at the mirror. "I tried going to for a nude eye shadow that then went to dark, it didn't work out, but I like the way it came out."

I nodded at her. "Either way, I love it!"

She looked at me. "Now on for the dress," I still didn't know which one to wear. "Which one are you going to wear?"

I shrugged. "I honestly don't know, I mean, both of them are pretty."

She smirked at me. "Oh, I know just which one will be perfect for tonight!"

I looked at her and her smirk got wider.

***

There I stood, behind my door from my bedroom, standing and taking big deep breaths. Harry told me that Zander was waiting for me in the living room. I was doing nothing but just standing there, I was afraid and nervous. I took a big deep breath and opened the door.

I walked out with my phone in my hand and closed the door behind me. I looked up to see the hallway empty. But I knew that at the end of the hallway, to the left, at the living room, Zander was sitting there waiting for me.

I walked slowly and made my way to the living room. I took a left and got to the living room. I stopped and my eyes met Zander's. His eyes were black instead of their normal dark brown and they turned into lust, admiration, and affection. His hair was styled back with gel and it still looked soft making me wanting to go and touch his hair. His stubble was gone meaning he had probably shaved this morning. I noticed that he had taken out his hoop earrings.