Chapter 21:

Chapter 21:

*Natalia's POV:*

"Where are we going?" I asked Harrison as I looked at him. I noticed that he took the wrong road for us to go to school.

Harrison glanced at me before looking back at the road. "Somewhere,"

I rolled my eyes and looked outside the window at the scenery. "Look," I started. "I get it that you don't have to go school. But I'm eighteen already and I haven't graduated–,"

He chuckled. "You know, us werewolves, we don't need to go to school or graduate like humans." He commented.

I rolled my eyes again. "I know! But I want to complete high school. I want to be normal like humans."

"You're not normal?" Harrison asked me with an amused look on his face.

"Not when I had my first shift a couple of months ago, and I shift into a werewolf. Or not when every full moon we all go berserk." I exclaimed with my hands in the air. "I'm not normal when I can hear miles of listening people talk. It gets annoying at school but I learned to focus out of them and focus on the teacher or someone talking to me. It's not normal for me to have better eye sight than the humans."

I know: I'm being super dramatic.

Harrison chuckled. "You're so freaking cute!"

I sighed and I wished right then and there that he would understand me. I know we just met and all, but the least he could do is listen to my rants and my wishes. After all, we were mates. It's the least he could do.

"Harrison, I'm serious." I said softly and quietly. "I want to go to my senior prom, take my senior pictures, have fun, walk on stage, and get my diploma. I want to make memories. I don't just want to throw everything away."

"Is this because of Aileen?"

I gasped at his words. My best friend being human doesn't have to do anything with this. "No! This is not because of my best friend. My god Harrison! I don't want to be like this. I don't want to 'skip' school because I'm some werewolf that doesn't need excitation in life just because I'm destined to be a Beta female. Ranking in a pack doesn't mean anything. Maybe intelligence is."

Harrison chewed on his bottom lip before looking at me with a look and putting his hand on my knee causing my wolf to purr with joy. "I'm sorry, Nat." He looked back at the road. "I just–I just want you to be happy that's all."

I nodded at looked at him.

The rest of the way we were both quiet and the only noise coming out of the car was the music that was playing on some radio station. After a couple of road turns, Harrison finally parked the car in the forest. Now, I've been to the forest when I went for runs with my wolf, but not this part. Although I knew that the forest was huge, I just never knew different parts existed, well at least this part of the forest.

"Come on, I want to show you something." Harrison told me as he unbuckled his seat-belt and looked at me.

I sighed and unbuckled my seat-belt as well, and got out of Harrison's car. I took a hold of Harrison's hand as we walked into the forest. The seven in the morning sun rays were out and hitting every tree in the forest giving it a beautiful morning glow. The October air was fresh and clean; no humidity.

I loved it.

I could hear the birds singing around and crickets chirping in the wet grass from the previous days that had been raining.