Chapter 22:

Chapter 22:

*Aileen's POV:*

I went home right after school. Zander had taken me home after Harry couldn't since today he had his tutoring class after school. I had a huge headache and I wanted to do nothing but sleep. That's exactly what I did as soon as I stepped foot into the house. I went to my room and fell asleep.

When I woke up, after a really good nap, it was almost six thirty. I sat up from my bed and picked up my phone which was on the ground along with my backpack and jacket. I yawned as I read through my messages. There were two and one was from Marco and the other one was from Mom.

Marco: Hey stranger ;) how are you?

I rolled my eyes in a playful way and answered him.

Me: Hey, I'm good and you?

I also saw a message from Mom.

Mom: Aileen can we please talk? I'm in the city at the moment with William and can you please call me when you can? Or at least tell Harold to give his father a call?

I groaned and texted Harry to call his dad when he could.

Marco: None much . . . wanna hang out? I'm a bit bored :( or that is if you can . . . ?

Me: Of course! And me too, I just woke up from a really good nap!

Marco: Awesome! Do you want to meet up?

Me: Of course, where at?

Marco: The small café we were last time?

Me: Alright! I'll be over there in ten minutes!

Marco: Awesome :) see you then!

I got up and put on my shoes, put my phone in the back of my pocket and walked out of my room. I checked my pockets for my keys and grabbed them as I walked out of the front door. The sun was slowly going down and I knew that at seven it was going to be dusk.

I made my way to my car and unlocked it. I looked in the driveway and saw the silver F-150 parked there. I rolled my eyes and got inside and turned on the engine. I settled for a good radio station and drove to the small café. On the whole way over there, I got this weird feeling in my gut. It usually meant any good.

I always trust my gut and it felt weird, such as, I knew when it was something good or something bad. Like when I'm around Zander and I get that weird gut feeling–it is usually good.

Like that one time last year when I went to eat with Nat, and the whole way I was super nervous and I had that bad feeling in my gut. It turned out to be that there was a robbery down the street from where we both had dined in. Nat and I were so shook that we promised each other not to talk about it.

Or that one other time when I had a gut when I was a sophomore at school and I had met Sam (the quiet kid in class), I usually got that feeling around him, but I got so used to it that I don't really pay attention to it. I mean Sam does nothing but just sits there in class and he's the type of guy who's quiet and just looks at the things that happen around him.

But right now, I was getting this bad gut feeling.

I parked in the cafe's parking lot and looked around. Everything seemed normal–well to me. A few cars were parked in the parking lot (it was always like this), the streets were a bit moderate noised, music form neighbors or from the small football stadium how the announcer was announcing the game that was happening at the moment. Everything seemed normal nothing was out of the ordinary.