-•-•41•-•-

Emma pushed her hair out of her eyes as walked up to the doorstep, a bag in hand, her phone in her back pocket and ears buds in her ears. The door swung open and Emma smiled and took out an earbud. She looked down at the small child and she looked up at her. "Hi I'm-"

"You're my brothers Best Friend," she interrupted her. "I'm Sophie." Emma nodded and followed her inside. She couldn't be more then seven. She walked into the living room with her and found his older brother talking with Dustins parents, him on his phone and giving small answers. He looked up and waved at her,then got up and walked out her.

"I'm Jake, Dustins older brother," Emma nodded, biting her lip. "So, you like my bike?" He crossed his arms and motioned his head outside. "I saw you lookin' at it earlier."

"Y-Yeah," Emma stammered. "It's really nice."

His parents walked to her. Their house was gigantic like hers, but bigger. Dustins father stuck his hand out. "Jacob Drew, Dustins father." Emma shook his hand.

"Marina Drew, Dustins mother," she smiled and Emma nodded. "Not much of a talker, are you?"

"N-No ma'am," she stammered. "I-I'm Emma." She gripped the handle of her bag.

"Well Dustins not home yet. He said he needed some time away from us," Jake rolled his eyes and Emma giggled. It sounded like something he would say. "Why are you friends with that dork?"

"He's nice and thoughtful so I don't think it matters if he's dorky," Emma sat on the couch and smiled at Dustisn parents. "What do you two do to afford such a wonderful home?"

"I'm a real estate agent and Jacob is a lawyer," Emma laughed in her head at how ironic it was for Dustin to be this bad kid with his Father working for the law. "I'm so glad Dustin made a friend, especially someone as beautiful as yourself."

Emma blushed. "W-Well he's a great person and, kind my only friend at school." Emma shyly smiled and they continued to talk. Dustin walked into the house, the cat meowing at him. He laughed and picked up the small kitten.

"Hey Amy." He laughed and scratched behind her ears. He walked by the living room and saw Emma's raven hair.

"Well, he has been a loner and a bad kid for a long time. Don't want you going down the wrong path." Jacob smiled at Emma.

"He's not that bad, people just annoy him." He smiled at how right she was.

"Well I need to reward you in some way for being his friend," Jacob pulled out his wallet, skimming the cash inside. "A hundred dollars sound good?" He pulled out the bill but Emma held out her hand and shook her head.

"Being his friend is a reward enough. He's really fun to be around," Emma smiled and stood up. "If you excuse me, I would like to go find his room." She walked out of the living room and jolted upon seeing Dustin. He smiled as they walked to his room.

"You're fun to be around too," she blushed. "Oh, this is my black cat Amy." Emma starched her head and she meowed at Emma. They turned into his room and hung out in their until the dinner.