-•-•46•-•-

Dustin and Emma walked into the bakery, hand in hand but not talking. Emma had scratched across her face and bruises covering her body. "Well look who it is," Kara laughed, getting the adults attention. "The Murderer and The Disowned! Did she kill your family?" Kara laughed while Ashlyn silently scolded her but laughed dryly. Tears built up in Dustins eyes as Emma growled.

"Let's go Emma," he whispered silently, her hand gripping his with anger. He knew if they didn't leave soon, they would be dead. "They're not worth it."

Emma growled as they left the establishment and around the building then upstairs. Marin sighed and walked up there, finding Emma pacing the living room and Dustin in a ball on the couch. "They don't get to treat us like shit Dustin! Why didn't you try to-"

"If I did it wouldn't got a rise out of them," Dustins voice was calm. he looked up at her from his knees. "They don't deserve a reaction. So sit down and let's watch shitty movies." Emma sighed and sat down next to him, leaning her head on his shoulder as he picked a movie and started it. He played with her hair.

"You're right Dustin," they turned to Marin. "They're just mean. Don't listen." He walked downstairs and found Rose and Nathanael chewing out Ashlyn.

˚ºTwo Weeks Laterº˚

Dustin sat in Emma's room. She hasn't been home in a few days. He assumed to be on a killing spree. A lot of people were dead, all assumed to be killed by her parents. Plagg didn't notice, neither did Tikki. They were trying to find the two. They saw them be splatter on the ground. Hugo and Louis would be left with their god parents assigned by Tikki and Plagg. Dustin looked at her window as she crawled through, blood covering her being. "Emma," she flinched and looked at him. "Why don't you stop?"

"I-It's hard, Dustin. I got a taste and now I need more. Seeing life leave someone's eyes, it's...intoxicating." She smiled and Dustin gulped.

"Y-Y-You wouldn't uh-"

"What no!" She cupped his cheeks, blood smearing onto them. "I would never kill you. I care about you too much." She never said love.

He sighed in relief but bit his lip. "Emma," she looked into his eyes. "A politician? An artist? A librarian? What did they all do?"

"The politician was stealing money, the artist was cheating on her wife and the librarian, that was for fun." She smiled and Dustin gulped, stepping back from her.

"You're loosing it Emma. You promise-"

"Look at me Dustin! My parents are murderers so what makes you think I could keep that promise?" She laughed as Dustin moved away from her. She was in insane. It wouldn't be soon until she killed him. "I'm keeping my promise of not killing you, or anyone else in your or my families but I am loosing it. I don't have emotions like you! I don't know what sad is or how the fuck to cry! I don't know how to stop myself! I'm like my parents, Dustin! One thing I do know Dustin is that you're the most perfect person I have ever met and I will do anything to protect you!"

"Emma," his voice was soft. "If you want to protect me, please," he held her bloody hands. "Please, get some help or turn yourself in. I know you mean well and this is who you are but please," he gently kissed her forehead. "You're scaring the shit out of me when you come home covered in blood that isn't yours," Emma bit her lip. "Please, get some help."

"Dustin, as much as I care for you I can't do that," she stepped back from him and took off her hoodie. "I can't change who I am. I want you to know that. I am a murderer. I'll stop when I get caught." She took off her shirt and winced at the big bruise she got from a baseball bat on her back. She walked into the bathroom by her room and turned on the water, got undressed and got blood off of herself while Dustin got the blood on his cheeks.

"Emma," she looked at him as he left her room after she got dressed and lied down in bed. "I love you."

"I..." She didn't know the meaning of the word so she never said it. "Thanks."

He smiled. When she said thanks, he knew she meant it back. "I'll protect you too."