Coming Back Home

Y/N's P.O.V

 Me and Raven were on top of the hill as we looked around and I sighed. She looked at me and I didn't even afford to give her a look back. "Why did you have to come? I would of been perfectly fine to stay here and be happy." 

Raven sighed and shook her head. "Not that I care about everyone else at Beacon, but they wouldn't be safe. You remember that tournament that came up and almost had Beacon fall down to the ground?" She asked as I nodded. "Of course. That fire girl almost took over the place. I'm surprised that it's not fallen either. Why do you bring that up?"

She fixed her clothes a bit and her sword. "I'm surprised that the school is even up. I don't wanna take any guess of what happened, but they surprised me. Ozpin sure did do something right. Still... I heard the death toll was just surprising as well. A few people I heard die..." She said while looking down at the ground. "But that just how it goes. The weak die. The strong live. Those are the rules." She said while looking at me and I shrugged. 

"Yeah. I could see where you're coming from." We had a little bit of a silent moment before she started to go back to looking around the place and tried to find my house. "Where is this place you live? I imagine by the way you were living, it's probably not even as bad." I didn't know to either take that as a compliment or a insult. I brushed it off and pointed to the big house that was down in the middle of the hill. Her eyes widened as she looked at me and the house a few times. I guess she couldn't believe it. 

"You live there?" She asked as I nodded and started to walk over to there. She was still in shock, but soon followed me to down to the house. 

We walked up the stairs as I still had Raven behind me and we got to the porch and she leaned on one of the sidewalls of the house. I looked at the door a bit before raising my hand up and becoming scared to even put a hand on the door. I kept looking at it, remembering all about the memories that this door held this is the first time I've seen it in years. Raven looked at me and then looked back at the sun in the skies. "Come on. Are you going to knock or are we going to look like a bunch of strangers out here?" "I'm sure you haven't been gone from your home for over some over amount of years and just come back like nothing just happen." 

Before I could even knock, I saw her. I saw my mother again. She was wearing what she would always wear as we looked each other in the eye. When I tried to give her a hello, I felt her launch herself onto me in the form of a hug as I had my hands to my side and she had a little tears. "Y/N! You're back! I haven't seen you in forever!" She sounded happy as I looked down at her and smiled. "Well... hello to you too, mom..." I looked back at Raven as she stood straight and I tried to make her have a smile on her face. 

She sighed and gave a trying smile on her face, so I would probably get off of her case. Mom backed away and held my hand. "Where have you been all of these years? We should talk inside! Your friend may come inside too!" She sounded happy before taking me in and Raven just sighed, coming in after I got pulled in and closing the door after her. 

I got a lot to tell her. I should come out with everything.