Chapter 32~

Ali's POV

I slide the first fluffy, white marshmallow along with the other two. I stick out my hand, feeling the heat beneath my finger tips.

"Let's make some s'mores" Mo rips open the plastic packaging for the
biscuits, along with the chocolate.

"That is such an American thing to do" Pen laughs taking a couple of biscuits from the packet.

"It's great actually, well you're British crumpets are rather divine as well" Hayes says in a posh English accent, snatching the chocolate off Pen.

"How do you make them?" I scratch my head in confusion, I'm not used to making s'mores and stuff.

"Look, let me show you" Shawn laughs taking my marshmallow stick from me. Me sandwiches the chocolate and marshmallows in between the biscuits.

He holds it twisting it against the crackling fire.
He hands it back with a smile plastered on his face.

"Thanks babe" I wink taking it from him.
"Anything for you darling" I look up, and glance at Cam.

Jealousy is written all over his face, jaw clenched, the biscuit crumbling onto the sand.

I chuckle, taking a bite from the s'more.
It's amazing, the crunchy biscuit, milky, creamy chocolate and the fluffy marshmallow. It works great as one combination.

"It would be awesome if there was a festival here" I can definitely see Taylor as the festival type of guy.

I feel like the setting and stuff would be perfect for a photo featured on pinterest.

I throw my twig on the floor, stretching my legs in the process.
"I'm going to take a stroll along the coast" I just want some alone time, just to realise what has actually happened this past week.

"Be back in like 15 minutes" Shawn leans back giving me a stern look.
I feel like he's one of my parents, I could get used to it.

After all, it is Shawn Mendes of course.

"I'll come with you" I turn around to see Cameron sprung up, the wind blowing his dark hair.

"Nah, I'd prefer if I went alone" I say, with a hint of anger in my tone. Why does he always have to follow me around like a sheep?

Because he's obsessed with you idiot.
No he's not, he's obsessed with Madeline, not me.

A smirk is playing on his lips, I might as well just give up.
"Come on princess, nobody rejects me and we both know that" He raises an eyebrow at me, I look down at his red khaki shorts.

"Well, you just did so deal with us asshole" I roll my eyes turning back around and walking off.

"Hard to get huh? I like it" I know that was Cam, what's the point in waisting even more of my time talking to him?

My feet trail along the sand, flicking a load of it into the air.
The beach is a blaze of parasols, hot colours to match the burning sand underfoot.

Against the percussion of the waves, was the laughter. Coming in bursts and crashing against the rocks.

My toes wonder to the shore, the fresh, salty water hitting my bare skin.
A patting sound is coming from behind me, almost like someone's footsteps.

Just relax for 5 minutes Ali gosh.
I crouch down sitting in the depths of sand, stretching out my legs.

Tranquil, peaceful, a breathe to think like a normal person.
Who are you Alison Meraline?