Chapter Three

Everlina finished her breakfast , chattering with the youngest sibling, Lucy, whilst they walked to the practice courts. They didn't talk about much but Lucy made it her biggest priority into making sure Everlina was comfortable and feeling aware of her surroundings. Lucy checked her bandage every so often, making sure no gunk or leakage had soaked through the wrapping. She didn't get much out of Everlina, nothing personal and nothing that Lucy could build a knowing reputation of her. Lucy from this, only found out Everlina was a guarded safe with guarded walls.

Everlina secretly was on the look out for something fun, she saw some paths that lead to mysterious places, she was sure to check them out later. She noticed how everything had it's own personality here. Everything was obscure and precise to its own responsibility. The sun also flickered more here, more heat shining down on her and her deep blue gown. The sky seemed to move faster also, the clouds and the birds that danced from inwards to outwards. She was mesmerised more than worried and scared.

At the moment Lucy was explaining something to extreme for Everlina fragile mind,. Which was actually how to peel a grape. So everlina watched the blur of atmosphere as the wind blew the trees that seemed to sing. She closed her eyes, feeling the heat on her skin and breathed in the sense of fresh air and welcoming. Everlina took a deep sigh and smiled to herself, not feeling so happy in a long time.

"Everlina?" Lucy's voice snapped Everlina out of her trance. Everlina turned, her complex unnecessary dress tugging heavily at her waist. "Was you listening?" Lucy questioned.

Everlina frowned and then relaxed. "Ehh...no...I....ummm...y'know?" She stuttered uncomfortably at her talking to royalty, as Everlina was so...unfamiliar with the source. Yes she could talk posh, but she'd look and sound absolutely ridiculous.

"I was asking if you liked Narnia!" Lucy giggled and carried on walking through the log pleasant corridor with arched beams leading outside. Everlina must of zoned out for a while, because she swore she heard 'peeling a grape' not 'do you like Narnia'.

"Yeah. Honestly I love being in a insanely fake land that I swear is a dream? But hey-ho, this is what dreams are made of right? Stupidity" everlina said uncertainly. Then noticed Lucy's sad frown and changed the conversation a little more 'heartaching' Everlina was smart like that. "Lucy, I wouldn't mind going home."

Lucy raised an eyebrow in shock. "Why would you ever want to leave Narnia?" Lucy couldn't understand why on earth someone would want to leave a place so magical, so peaceful. At the back of Lucy's mind, she did miss her mother, but Lucy had her own life to live.

"My brother...my home" everlina sighed and looked at the floor. The rims of her blue dress was frayed , and even more so reminded her she was here, and not with her beloved twin. She didn't actually want to go home, for the sake of going home. If she could bring Eric here, then she would. When they where younger, they always dreamed about a place like this. Neverland. They ensured eachother that with there mothers death and the upcoming alcoholic of a father that they'd be stuck with, that they wouldn't leave each others sides.

Lucy stopped yet again in her tracks, and wondered what it would be like to be here alone, and now only thought of how hard it must be for Everlina. Despite only being here for two nights. Lucy nodded, lost for words and reached the end of the corridor.

Everlina followed her, putting a smile on her face and looking up to the beaming sun light. Outside stood large grand fences, surrounding inside training courts. In one, men who wore all the same fenced and battled. In others, the same. The last few, Susan, Peter, Edmund and Lucy practiced gracefully as people watched.

Everlina looked through the fence, Edmund fighting someone with Long Brown hair up to his shoulders, Edmund was winning with ease. Peter chatted to some ladies who was fanning there face to the "intense" heat. Susan shot some arrows, hitting bullseye every time...but eyes kept trailing  to the young man who was battling Edmund.