29

"Controlling them like a chess game"

Everlina watched her brother for a split second, he looked peaceful, kind like he used to be. Was he being controlled?

Then she remembered her task, go to the the tower. She wipes the only tear on her face and left her dead brother, and ran.

She could see the shadow and the silhouette of the tower, a yellow glow coming from a window as torches of fire make there way up the stairs, guarding there leader at once. Im she saw some Narnians getting thrown a off the tower ledge, wondering how they got there so quick and undefeated. They must be doing well, the Narnians, ambushing and fighting there way through crowds of Telmarines to prove a point. Not many of them know the reasons behind the war, only Everlina, Edmund, Susan, Lucy and Peter knew. Some of the leadership guards did aswell, but not enough people to know about Vatina. They didn't wasnt it getting out, that they know about the White Witches Daughter. For all Everlina knew, Vatina could be planning this out, controlling all the innocence of the Telmarines like chess game pieces. Drawings one forward as a Narnian is killed. But that's absurd, no one can make a chess Bored that big. For thousands of Telmarines and Narnians, right?

Everlina turned a corner, seeing the tower in her left, the crooked stone stairs leading up to the leaders room. The leader is called Santana. He's a viscous man, always known for his betrayal but persuasive tac tics. She had hoped Peter and Susan would be close, maybe already up there. The plan was to get away from the Telmarines whilst the Narnians distracted them, be of course a lot of stuff can happen in a war. Unexpected things. Like killing your brother. They could all be dead. Peter, Susan...Edmund.

She stared in sadness for a second, before hearing a large thud of a Brodie behind her. When she turned around with her sword clutch tight, she saw a bloody mess of Dark Brown hair. The body was crumpled, it's just fallen from a height. She looked up, knowing it was for definite a Telmarines who had fallen, which means someone, most like a Narnian, had pushed him. Large footsteps began echoing down the opposite steps, Everlina pushed her back against a wall, hiding i the shadows incas wit wasn't a Narnian. When a flicker of brown eyes and dark hair, a silver reflection of a flash light came running down with bruises and gashes across his face. Everlina never felt so happy to see someone alive. Edmund saw and sighed with relief as he lard eyes on his gorgeous green eyed girl. He ran up and hugged her, before nodding his head up.

Everlina clutched the sword still in her hands, now slightly more confident she has someone with her. She was confident anyway, strong, extremely strong in the mind and body. She watched as she got higher amongst the tower, Edmund infront of her and the battle shouts and clangs of swords in the distance, she could see bodies scattered everywhere, human and animal.

They got to the door, Edmund took no time to kick the door open, only to see a man lead in a large bed, sleeping with a grin. Everlina let he warmth embrace her quickly before climbing onto the edge of the bed and pointing her sword at Santana's scratchy chin from where a bush of a beard is starting to form. He jolted awake, and when he Kate's eyes on the gleaming of the sword, chuckled out a earth evil laugh.

He leant up, Everlina pushing the sword clean into the slight of his skin. Not exposing any blood. Yet. She was angry. Angry at everyone. Including herself. Edmund stepped forward, at the worthless man infront do him. She looked to him, a cold stare planted on her face, she was completely emotionless. "Vatina. Who is she?" Edmund shouted as the sword pressed against Santana's Adams Apple.

"Now that's a name I haven't heard in a while-" Santana started with his unique story's. But Everlina knew that was lie, he must be in on it. There's no way he'd let Delmar die unless completely needed to to get more power.