13

"Some might call it jealousy, I call it love" -LKJ

Everlina ran back to her room, dried her hair quickly and did some advance  style she learnt on her farm. She through on a dark navy blue dress, it was plain but sat around her breasts fittingly. She stares in the mirror, her green eyes shining, her eyebrows thick. She can't imagine what her mother looked like. Her mother. She barely remembers her.

She puts on some black on her eyes. She never used makeup, but this looked like eyeshadow. Obviously not advanced, obviously not the brands she had.

Edmund soon appeared at the door, in a suit, looking as dashing as ever. But she wouldn't go swooning over him. Just yet. She held her grip, she knew he was bipolar. She knew he probably had anger problems. But she thought about all the times she had actually laughed with him. Which was so far, once.

"Ahh Everlina. Ready for this boring couple of hours?" He asked, reaching his arm out for her to take it. She hung her arm around his.

"Oh I can't wait." Everlina smiled, not wanting to go. She hates things that this.

The halls seemed bigger now, seeming more advanced and more grand and elegant than ever. Something was different, maybe it was cleaner?? Maybe someone had done something new? But Everlina couldn't figure out what it was.

She linked her arm in Edmunds, as girls stared with pure jealousy bubbling in them. She wasn't even in the dining hall yet, but definitely knew it would be full. I guess it'd be just like ball, except you all sit down and look awkwardly at the food you've never tasted? For instance, Everlina had never had Beetrooted Turkey. But she loved it. She remembered the first time she ate in a posh restaurant or something . The tray came with 3 forks, and she didn't know which one went first. So she used them all, at the same time, eating her spaghetti.

She smiled, happily remising over the moment. She remembered the bad times sometimes to. Like how her dad would argue with her mother, but never the less loved her. How Eric used to cradle Everlina when upset, but never showed he was scared. Although, it was blatantly obvious he was. Then she remembered the funeral, and how everything went down hill.

"-Everlina?" Edmunds voice rang in her head, making her look up at the man who protectively stayed close like he promised. He did care after all, not like in a romantic way (at least that what he thinks) but in a genuine gentlemen way.

"Sorry, I was just-" her eyes shook, and then she sighed. "Thinking. I was just thinking."

"Well, you ready to go inside?" He nodded towards the door that stood eagerly infront of them.

Everlina shut her eyes, as she heard the scrapping of the door on the floor, and the chatters quieted automatically. She wished she didn't open her eyes. She could feel the stares on her body, and the weirdly unwelcoming feeling of warmth that flamed from the candles. A large table sat in the hall, circled around the paintings that hung on the gold stands. The order went boy-girl all the way round, supposing they all had brought dates. Every Telmarine seemed to look at her with disgust. With hatred in every different coloured eye. Her lips started to quiver, but she still stood still, not showing these people that they where getting to her. She gracefully walked around the table, u till the last two seats reached her and Edmund. Edmund, like he was taught, pulled the chair out for Everlina.

He could tell she was nervous, and began to feel much guilt for making her trudge along to this thing. But he pushed it out the way, no king should feel pity for some savage he didn't even know that well. So what, they say on a tree and talked about her life? So what they bumped into eachother? So what she was a natural at fighting? So what she held the answer to why supposedly Delmar went all lunatic on people?

He caught Peters brown eyes, they sent a soft wink towards Edmund. Beside Peter sat Cissle. Cissle was tanned, and had an hour glass body. She had big brown eyes, and thick black hair. She was outstandingly gorgeous. But wasn't for Edmund, as she lacked character.

Lucy sat with her friend. Edmund didn't know his name, he was usually to busy to talk to Lucy about her friends. Susan then sat with a Telmarine, who seems to be harassing her with compliments she had only heard before a million times. He smiled at the table, but soon got put off but noticing Everlinas twiddling thumbs.

He didn't know why he did it. He didn't know why he reached under the table and grasped her hand in his, maybe it was for her to know she was alright? But he knew that it wasn't. Everlina didn't look up, but let her green eyes trail the table.

Beside Everlina was a tall man. He was dark skinned, but had blue eyes. Highly rare in Everlina experience. She ignored Edmunds hand, she didn't want him to know she felt much safer. He barely knew her? For all she knew he hated her. He sure as hell hated her finny mouth when she ran into him. The tall man kept giving Everlina odd looks. Surprisingly, it wasn't gathered he held, but confusion.

A convocation held the brief awkwardness. And Edmund almost couldn't stand it. He needn't know where the book is. How could he have agreed to wait? His dark curled fell on his face as he retrieved looks from hungry lustful girls who where obviously begging for a glimpse of his attention. Even Lucy looked like she was dreading it. Every Telmarine must of bragged about there awardees or hobbies at least 3 times without a doubt. Every Narnian look like it dreaded every second. So Edmund looked over at Everlina cautiously, only to see her now uncomfortably shivering under the mans whispers in her ear.

Only Everlina wasn't uncomfortable, but highly flattered. The man was whispering beautiful comments about how her eyes where so breathtaking, he couldn't breathe every time he looked. A blush fell upon her face. And that's when Edmund knew.

"Ahhh, Callum. Why aren't you talking to your date? I mean, she is here right?" Edmund rose an eyebrow at Callum, leaning slightly over Everlina to get a more drastic look.

Callum found Edmund unbearably annoying and big headed. A little mysterious snob that everyone seemed to go mental over a simple flick of his hair. Callum was blatantly curious to why girls found him so infatuating. Couldn't stand him. "Edmund, why don't you stay out of it?"

Edmund didn't even notice how long Everlina had let go of his hand for. Not once had a girl tried to break away from him. He wasn't a snob, but didn't like getting mis treated by people who he hadn't offended in anyway. "Callum, shuve off you little smack head"

Edmund didn't know where all this was coming from. Everlinas mouth hung open in awe. Two muscular men leant over her, whispering harsh comments into each other's ears. People began to stare at the feuding boys. And Everlina seems to sink down in her chair in embarrassment.

"Edmund-" Peter stood up in astonishment. What has happened to his brother.

Callum must of said something really harsh or acrimonious, because before he knew it, Edmund fist collided with his jaw.

And oh my god.

Edmund seems to have weird mood swings?? And what's with Delmar and this book?? We need a ship name?!

Question - Do you guys like Callum?

What do you think Callum said to set Edmund off?

-Gabby xox