10✔️

Edmund climbed, one foot after the other, gripping onto each branch to reach the girl that seemed miles away from him. He kept going, his muscles aching as he huffed. He made sure not to choose a thinner branch, or a worn out one. He didnt want to die from falling out out a tree.

He looked up, seeing her orchard on the highest branch, watching the birds fly above and saw through the clouds. He looked down, seeing him already half way up the tree, and people seemed to be watching, crowding around the large tree trunk. "Can't people just stay out of there own flaming business and stop being so nosy about mine" Edmund quietly muttered to him self.He reached the top, a few branches away from Everlina. "Might break your neck if you keep putting your weight on that branch"his voice spoke as he neared her. Her hair blowing in her face, the curls as her eyes peered up into the sky..

"sitting like what?" Everlina peered down to him as he sat beside her on a different branch. A stronger one and much more sturdy one.

"Your on an incredibly weak branch," He jumped on her branch, a cracking sound coming from the branch. He didnt think it would be as weak as it turned out to be. The branch snapped in half. Everlina shitting her self and clutching Edmunds wrist as she lowered herself on a better branch.

"YOU COULD OF KILLED ME?!" She screamed, catching her rugged breath, her hand on her heart as she ended up laughing. Her ribs sore due to the bang against the tree, but she couldnt help but bellow out a giggle or two. The adrenaline scared her, but after, it just seemed funny.

Edmund couldnt help but be slightly and utterly confused about what just happened. Him, thinking the branch wasnt exactly THAT weak, jumped on it, trying to earn a few cracks or snaps. Not the whole branch collapsing with her on it. If he hadn't been there, she'd be dead. And she found it funny? "why you laughing? isnt exactly as comical as you make it out to be..?"

Everlina shook her head and sat by him, making sure not to touch him or sit too close to him. She gave a smile, and ultimately that made him smile, he hid it quickly, but she did have quite a gorgeous smile. He'd never admit that though. "it was funny, that's all"

Edmund nodded, deciding not to get into how humour has obviously changed throughout the years in England to Narnia. He glued his feet onto a smaller branch beneath them, ignored the many people crowding the trunk of the tree. "why you up here?"

She turned to him, the sun beaming on her brown hair. Her eyes had darkened since the happiness she shared just a moment ago. It intrigues him to how someone can change moods so quickly in the space of a tiny time. She looks back into the sky, breathing in the atmosphere and then forced the smallest grin, not thinking about the things Delarr had done. "The Telmarines give me dirty looks, like it's my fault there leader, Prince Delmar, has gone missing..."

Edmund felt sorry for her, she's been in Narnia for 5 days, maybe 4 and already suffered an almost rape... "well, if it helps, where doing everything we can, plus he's a bastard anyway."

Everlina laughed at the king swearing, and Edmund smiled at her laughing. She didnt actually like him, like at all. They argued alot, but she guesses she must give him a chance, as he did save her. Him, of all people saved her. quite extraordinary in her own confusing mind. "Edmund?"

"Yeah...?" He looked back, his dark hair with wisps of fly aways swaying in the wind, tweeting of birds and the flutters of there wings sounding the sky.

"Can we stay up here? Only for a bit I mean" she looked into his eyes, he nodded and got into a more comfortable position. He didnt know why he agreed, usually he wouldnt, but he guessed he needed a slightly less chaotic couple of minutes. Just some time thats simple and not crazy and absurd.

"What's your story then?" Edmund asked out of the blue.

"My story?" She question, raising an eyebrow. forgetting the past between them both, deciding to jeep it clean in her head. She didnt understand what he meant fully. Her story? She isnt in a story or anything...

"Yeah like your life, your hobbies...blah blah blah" Edmund laughed, looking over the valley. Cair Paravel was a grand place; with rivers and fields of beauty behind it, sawing far a large forest, behind it Telmar with sandstone buildings and rare flowers.

"It's not that interesting really..." she looked over at him, but Carries on when he didn't answer. "I lived on a farm, with my father and twin. We went to school in the small town where not many children lived. My father was always drunk, never paid bills, so me and my brother worked, 2 jobs to keep the farm standing. Then, I came here" she shrugged knowing that her life is a boring one.

"Now, how is that boring?" He laughed, causing her to untie her hair as it fell infront of her face. "You have a twin?" He hasnt seen any twins in Narnia, and found it odd that he hadnt met one before. He find little things interesting and needs to ultimately know.

She grinned at the memories. "Yes, oh he's wonderful, except he's not here...he's a boy, his names Eric, he looks like me a bit, but has brown eyes instead of green." She reminisced his presence, his laugh, his smile. She really did love him, but he was beyond weird before she left. Always saying weird things, always skipping school, dressing in black. He changed.

"What about your mum?" Edmund asked. BReaking her sadness with more sadness. he saw a wash of sadness spread over her face, as he mentioned her mother. "I'm sorry-"

"No, no how was you supposed to know? She died in a fire, she was doing the cattle, cutting them...somehow a fire broke out, and she saved the cattle, knowing without it we'd go down under. And, died. When I was 11, weird thing, there was never a trace of her body. She must of really burn-" Everlina looked strong, she pushed the sadness away, and didn't dare look at Edmund. "but she was beautiful. Had the most beautiful set of green eyes-and..we used to go horse riding-and" she looks to the floor, branches covering her view before she wiped a stray tear."sorry,"

"dont be, she did sound wonderful" he smiled, attempting his hardest to comfort her. He would of never guessed that someone will such courage and spirit could of been through so much and still make everyone smile and laugh just with a glimmer of her own personality.

"oh she was" Everlina confirmed with a grin of joy when she also remembers her mother. She hadnt thought of her for a while.

"Oh, well what was you doing before you got here?" Edmund asked another question, Everlina seemed to like answering them, as her small dress blew in the wind. hitting the ankles and sweeping some leaves off the tree as they snapped the small stalk.

"Well I was at a book store, picking up books about Myths and Legends and that's all I remember" she shrugged again, trying to remember what actually happened.

Edmund eyes lit up, he had an idea. When he was 13, Edmund found a book
It was filled with spells, witchcraft, he bounded it and hid it, not wanting anyone to know about the dark possibilities, only he hid it where no one would ever look. In the library. Edmund was smart, and knew that if you hid something people was looking for, they would go to places like, your room, u see your bed, places unexpected. However, the library was large and there's no way someone would of found it...that is if it's still there. He didn't know how he didn't think of it sooner. Its not something he had even began to think about in a while, the word book, her voice saying it, the smoothness of the conversation, seemed to spark up the idea and remembrance of it.

"YOUR A GENIUS THANK YOU SO MUCH!" He quickly hugged Everlina and climbed down the tree rapidly to go to his library.

Leaving Everlina with her mouth hung open, her never seeing that boy so happy...woah