Chapter Four

Everlina stayed at practice for a while, aiming daggers at targets and hitting bullseye every time, she even had a sword fight...who knew swords where that heavy? Yes she seemed to have a natural talent at throwing daggers, but sword fighting or anything other was impossible to her. She couldn't even get the sword off the floor.

The heat from the sun shimmered down on her, but the cold winds from the winter weather blew past her bare slim. She wasn't a stranger to cold weather, she had worked on her farm in the freezing cold and the thrashing rain.

She caught up with Susan, to ask a question, her dress splattered with mud. "Hey Susan-"

Susan turned around with her arms crossed over her stomach, with a small smile hinting on the edge of her lips "Yes Everlina?"

"Erm-" she got distracted by the odd look Susan was giving, like a pleading puppy. She snapped out of it and began. "Why am I here?"

Susan sighed and sat now, then hit then patted the space next to her, in which Everlina sat. "You see, we don't know, we have no idea why.
Would you come to our ball tonight?" Susan asks gracefully, her palms crossed over her dress. She tried to change the subject to avoid embarrassment when it comes to not knowing the answers.
"Yes but Susan- why am-" she sorted rambling again, wanting definite answers.

"No Everlina, the ball?" Susan snapped back, not wanting to not know the answer. She did honestly care, but she knew there's no way back, even if there was, Susan knew deep down that there's a reason for her being here. Despite what others may think.

Everlina didn't know what to say. Her hearts on the fact that she needs answers, however no ones providing them. So she moved onto the next subject with a defeated sigh, she's never been to a ball...

Susan read her easy like this. "Don't worry, there not complicated, just sit, dance , eat and have pleasant convocations." Susan knew what to say and how to convince people. Although, the rush in her voice also convinced Everlina that she was annoying Susan, and Susan didn't particularly like Everlina as much as she puts on.

Everlina knew she didn't have a good enough answer to get her out of this. She could t actually say no, she was lonely and didn't know anyone except from the Royals. She thought what she would even do instead of going, but knew she didn't have anything else to do but stare at her bedroom roof in boredom. "Yeah...Uhm, of course."

Susan nodded, walking away with her hips swaying slightly.

Everlina knew the ball wasn't till a couple of hours, so she took this opportunity to go have a proper look around.

To walked off onto the modest floor, white and dark beige tiles patterned with the suns reflection glittering. Large stone beams of circles yet again l ad her way to a room. She hesitated before approaching the door, for all she knew some Telmarine could be in there, or it could be someone's room. However, the walls surrounding it was large, and your couldn't help but think even a kings room wouldn't be that big.
Her hand clasped the door handle, about to open the large door.

"Wouldn't go in there if I was you..." a voice came from behind. Kais.

(A/N bet you thought it was Edmund :))

Everlina swung around, her dress still in tact and not dirty from all the dust on the court yard. Her eyes squinting looking for a possible solution to why it was so dangerous.

"That's Edmunds territory. He owns that room, and doesn't like it when people let them self in." Kais explained, noticing Everlinas confusion.