Chapter Five

It was weird for Everlina to experience such glamour and wealthiness. In her own life she lived with her twin, her dad who was always drunken out of his soul on a run down farm in England. This, was far more different than she ever imagined. Banners of rich silk dropped from each arch, the walls where sand stone each engraved with detailed patterns and graphics. Chandeliers hung with candles flickering around through the soft voices filling the large hall. The white tiles where so clean she could see her reflection of her green dress. Kais started walking infornt of her, through people, Everlina nodding politely at Telmerines smiles.

She managed to sneak away from Edmund. And he managed to sneak away from her. They barely talked, only communicated with insults and glares. They pretended to both be smiling when anyone with higher authority was looking at the two.

"Everlina!" Lucy erupted, with a slight hug with her arms. "Thought you wouldn't show" Lucy grabbed on her waist and smiled.

Everlina teeth showed at Lucy's statement. "Oh, why would I? It's not like I have anything better to do than be stuck in Narnia in a ball full of randomers? Right?"

Lucy laughed at Everlinas sarcasm. "That dress fits perfectly might I just say, I knew Susan would of picked a good one!"

"Susan picked this?" Everlina asked, now remembering her confusion at the time, she got the feeling Susan didn't like her.

"Well yes, I mean Susan's got quite a talent for people's style if I must say." Lucy took Everlinas arm.

Everlina looked at Lucy, not really noticing her beauty until now. Lucy's eyes were a blur of blue sea, her rich golden brown hair curled as her purple dress swayed on the floor, occasionally bumping in to the sliver feet of the many Talmarines.

"Hey Lucy?" Everlina caught Lucy's attention, Lucy swinging to face her.
"How old are you?"

Lucy grinned. "15, I'll forever be the youngest, peters up there with 21, Susan with 19 and Edmunds 17." Lucy stopped before smiling again. "There's two years apart from us all I guess"

"Edmunds 17?" Everlina asked getting a nod from Lucy. "Oh, so am I!" Everlina smiled awkwardly not wanting Lucy to think she had some mad crush on Edmund. That would be crazy. Who could ever like 'a creep with a sword'

"Might I ask, where is Edmund, he's meant to be your date am I correct?" Lucy questioned, her eyes wandering around the room for her dark haired brother. "Such a mystery that boy..." she whispered to herself not being able to find him in the crowd. "You see Everlina, he isn't at all that bad. He's lovely once you get to know him..."

Everlina crooked her eyebrows and licked her lips after playing with her dress. "Oh I'm sure he is..."

After some more chattering between her and Lucy,Lucy carefully got pulled away from her by a faun, who danced with the lovely girl. "May I have this dance?" A hoarse voice came from behind her.

Everlina eyes widened at the most handsome man she'd ever seen. Blonde mucky hair defining his face, grey eyes, a strong war that seemed to fight  in each orb. He stared into Everlinas soul, her blue eyes fluttering with long eyelashes guarding him from swimming to deep. She quickly looked around for Edmund, not being able to see him. "Yeah, sure" she shrugged.

He grinned happily. He was obviously a Telmarine, if the same old outfit of silver didn't give it away, the hoarse dirty accent did. He clasped her soft hand into his, pulling her onto the dance floor. "Heard your new round here m'lady" he asked.

Everlina took his arm and started swaying to the soft beats on music against his chest, secretly copying a girl wearing a light pink dancing wig her man. "Well yeah, you could call it that."

She saw Lucy whispering to Peter, as they both watched her spin and twirl, her green dress and long brown hair blurring the atmosphere. She didn't know how to dance, she even clumsily hit another man on the arm whilst expecting to gracefully turn but tripping on her own dress. The man who was dancing with her looked older, maybe 20? But he sure wasn't a soilder of Telmarine. Maybe higher? Although he wore silver, Everlina noticed a word carved into his right sleeve. 'Prinz" which is in fact Prince in German. But why would German have anything to do with Narnia she would not know.
She seriously doubted she was dancing with a prince, so just got it as a coincidence. Eventually after a long wait, she got the courage to speak to him.

"What's your name?" She peeked up under her eyelashes.

"Why so eager?" He grinned, his eyes crinkling ever so slightly.

"Don't find that eager?" She joked, before somehow edging herself towards him and flickering her eyes up with a slight sarcastic smile.

"Oh that is eager. What's yours?" He wandered, clutching her hip tighter, but not hurting her wound as much as she thought.

"Oh wouldn't you like to know.." she flirted.  As the man twirled her around she somehow got passed aside her. Oh no. How didn't she notice, the dance switches, and the person she landed with was..Edmund.

She looked back at the handsome man wondering who he must be as he stares into a beautiful dark skinned lady.

Edmund had a much softer touch, but had a face like a smacked arse. He obviously didn't like the balls, Everlina saw him yawn and then laugh at his disapproving looks form Peter and Susan. Edmund, like the rest of his siblings was gorgeous. He had black hair, and dark eyes, pale skin and odd freckles. He wasn't built up to strong but not to weak, he can handle a sword but surly can't handle love. But of course Everlina wouldn't admit it, for as long as she knows, she hates him.

His hand was around her waist as she awkwardly looked up at him. "Edmund?" Everlina hated asking questions, especially Edmund but she needed to know.

"What?" Edmund snapped, strongly disliking the fact he has got pushed into the switching dance and unfairly fit stuck with Everlina. He didn't hate her, just hated the fact she wasn't afraid of him, that she wasn't threatened or shivered at his anger. In fact she fought back, and not many people do that to Edmund.

"Don't use that tone with me I'm your date." She sarcastically laughed with her hyper mood.

Edmund didn't show a glimmer of a smile but pulled her closer to him. "be surprised how jealous people are of you right now." He boasted but Everlina soon switched the conversation after sending him a roll of her eyes.

"Who's that?" Everlina finally answered nodding towards the handsome man. Edmund then stopped dancing and shook his head. "That, is Delmar."

"Delmar?? Why so serious?" She questioned, clutching Edmunds hands again and attempted to get him back to dancing. He gave in obviously, and carried on swaying to the instruments.

Edmund blew his hair out of his face. "Because, he's a man of many talents." Is all that Edmund let out before disappearing into the crowd. If she had listened carefully she would've heard the last part.

"A man of many talents, but his humanity isn't one of them."