32

Everlina was breathing heavily. Running out the door, dead at night. Pushing past the guards, collecting her weapons with Edmund linked around her stomach.

She heard the alarm ring, letting everyone know the two most precious prisoners have escaped. Lights were flashing everywhere as they sprinted to the woods. Wasps, the dark of the night, the river located in the middle.

Edmund wasn't scared, Everlina wasn't as much now there out. The wind seemed to sing in there ears as they were pressed up against a tree whilst two or three Telmarines on horses rode past with there beedy eyes on the look out.

It was okay. They were out.

Walking through the forest, hand in hand but still cautious about the hooves of horses and men looking around the forest. The leaves seemed to dance aswell, swaying to the sound of crashing water in the thin river. It was more like a stream, like a line of water just puddling down. That's what Edmund said, 'follow the stream, it leads to the pond at the back of Cair Paravel.' Honestly Everlina didn't know how long she'd last walking, half asleep.

Everlina was dragging her feat as Edmund was infront by a bit, she managed to steal some bread. A bun on the side of the kitchen edge caught her attention whilst she was grabbing her weapons.

So she took that out of her side pocket, which still was covered in blood. Yes she changed from the rags she was dressed in the dungeons. Imagine running around a forest all night in a rag.

She started eating it, and eating, nibbling the crumbs and then she halved it. "Ed" Edmund turned around and smiled.

"It alright love, you eat it" he nodded and kept walking. She smiled, butterflies arising in her stomach, as he called her love.

But that wasn't enough to keep her awake. Her eyes were barely open, she was extremely tired. Not slept in two nights. One was full of excitement, the second night was just scary for her. She didn't like it, it was like someone else was in her head. Muddling her thoughts around. Not so Lucy's scary, more frustrated-

"Ev? Everlina?" He turned around afterr hearing snaps of branches on the ground. Everlina was on the floor sleeping. He couldn't contain a laugh, it choked put, but even he was still sore, aching.

He wiped away a tear after laughing so much. Wincing when he felt his swollen cheek. But she looked adorable. Her face was scrunched up and her body was moving slightly up and down. He picked her up, she moaned from tiredness and put her on his back.

Ultimately she smiled, before falling asleep again wrapping her hands around his neck. He liked her. He was just thinking about her, her eyes. That's what he loved the most. Her eyes. The green, everytime he looked at her, her eyes shone out. The green, it was hypnotising.

You would think after an experience like that, you'd be terrified, but he just couldn't be serious as he let the image of Everlina flopping on the floor whilst walking and falling asleep come back into his mind. Every time he did, he wheezed with laughter.

His legs started to ache. But he couldn't imagine what Everlina must of felt. The pain of her brothers lost was actually horrific. The images that past through his mind scared the living daylights out of him. Every branch he stood on shocked him a bit, the cracking out him back into focus. Vatina, Santana, Eric...? All these names are familiar, like a dream. He took a sip of water as Everlina mumbled something in her sleep. The sun actually started to peak and shine through the gaps in the canopy of leaves. It was mesmerising.

But deep down he knew he'd be close to Cair Paravel. He's been walking for hours. The soon has even started to come up, and the birds where twittering and he was exhausted. Apart from carrying his girl on his back the entire night, he was aching. With fatigue, literally. He was now like in Everlinas state, even though they were nearly here. The stream they followed was getting wider, indicating there close.

But then he fell. Tripped over a brach, one he recognised from the old tree that Everlina once climbed up. He could see he was next to it, the bark and tall leaves where unforgettable.

Except that, Everlina went flying. Literally. Here Edmund was wheezing with laughter as Everlina upside down leading against the tree bottom.

"W-what?" Everlinas eyes got open as she frowned confused. "Edmund, why u upside down?"

Edmund was clutching his stomach now, actually happy to have some laughter after the days he's faced. Wait...how Long have they been gone..?

Then they saw it. Cair Paravel.

GOD THIS CHAPTER ACTUALLY Sucks so much :/