20

Edmund couldn't stop tapping his fingers anxiously. Or dragging his feet whilst pacing up and down his room. It was something he's never felt, but the guilt of the war seemed to push all the happiness away. He knew Peter said he'd be leaving with a bunch of there best fighters, but Peter said to take Everlina.

"Peter she's not coming!" Edmund yelled at Peter, Peter hasn't slept for days. His eyes where aching with fatigue and his body was slouched and sore looking. He had large bags under his eyes as he glanced up at Edmund.

"That's not your choice" that's all Peter had to say before Edmund had lost the battle.

"But what if she-" Edmund fell onto his brothers bed, making creases in it and a spring to bounce. His tone softened. "We don't know what where dealing with here Peter. It could be so extreme it could kill us all in an instant"

Peter knew what his brother was discussing and putting his voice out there. But he also knew that Edmund was also very wise and smart when it came to skill and strategy. That he wouldn't just walk in with his arms open for a hug. "Edmund. Enough is enough. If you don't go tell Everlina. I'll send someone to!"

"Oh yeah you'll send someone to because your a lazy piece of-" Edmund started to ramble in anger before.

Knock Knock-

The door quietly opened when a string of long hair bounced out. The whole body appeared when Everlina popped out of the door. Her eyes and cheeks look flustered. She wasn't dressed in a gorgeous gown that caught all the boys attention. But was dressed in fighter attire. Long boots and a brown leather jacket. The top underneath was white and her pants where a lighter shade of brown. The sleeves where open at the bottom, with a gold shimmering button to close if needed. Her hair was still down, but half down in a Dutch braid that hit the bottom of her belly button. She still looked beautiful. None the less.

"Someone said you needed me. And then they added on the word urgent. When I refused coz my hair wasn't done, I got a growl from Kais-" Everlina noticed she was babbling on, only because she was nervous to what she's done wrong. She to  has had no sleep what for ever. Especially after she found out about the war and Delmar being a strong magician.

Edmunds mouth turned into a grin but left as soon as it came. "Your coming with me. Where travelling through the woods. Not to Telmar where te war is actually taking place, but to look for Delmar as we haven't searched that bit yet. "
Edmund nodded but weirdly he frowned aswell. Everlina looked puzzled.

"We have no idea what where dealing with! This could kill us in an instant" Everlina shouted, not wanting to die when she's just getting use to Narnia and her knew life.

Peter stood up obviously not wanting to discuss all of it again. "That's exactly what Edmund said. Your going-"

"I can't even ride a horse!" Everlina said baffled and dropped her hands to her sides.

"Looks like your just gunna have to share with Edmund-GO" Peter dismissed the two angry people from his room before laying and attempting to win over his tiredness and sleep.

-:/-/-/-/:-

Everlina and Edmund walked in silence, still not knowing what's going to happen. Everlina was thinking if scenarios in her head. One went like so- she was fighting a 8 legged octopus that had magical glitter that shot out and killed you-

Her odd thoughts stopped at a halt when she saw about 40 other men or narnians sat in the stables. Either praying, chatting or grooming there horse with pride.

They all quietened when Edmund walk in and stood infront of them with a stern look.

"You have been chosen amongst hundreds of people who wish to battle with the most skilled army in Narnia. You will NOT let us down with someone backing out, or diddle dallying about like some idiots who can't stay focussed or calm!" Edmund lectured the group, and Everlina then remembered why she liked him. He could change his says in a second. Making someone scared or making someone happy and laugh excitedly...or shuffle on a table.

After the lectures Everlina quickly practised her throwing. Of course she hit the target, but was scared this wouldn't be enough to defeat someone with great power over her. As though Edmund read her thoughts, her came up behind her and laced his arms around her waist. He gripped a sword that was elegantly put into her hands. "Now you can fight like a man-" he whispered in a sarcastic tone. But then went serious. "Everlina, I'm being deadly serious, if you sense angry critical danger...you run. I don't care what people think. I'll make up an alibi- just promise me"

"I promise." She turned around towards him, and places the sword she didn't even take a glance as she pushed it into her sheath.

She kissed him, instead of him kissing her, she kissed him. Everyone's heads seemed to look and she was almost positive Edmund would pull away in embarrassment. But he didn't, he just kissed her back with worry that she couldn't handle herself.

They pulled apart smiling as men looked in awe. Edmund beckoned everyone over to there horses and Everlina had her eyes set upon a gorgeous honey brown horse. When she went to pet it, stroke its fury main. "Your Edmunds gal ain't ya?" She horse squeaks sour in a manly voice.

"Erm- I guess? Why? Wait how do you know" she stumbled back as he horses head leant over the wooden fence.

"Im his horse." The horse nodded proudly as he took the kings role in keeping him safe when fear comes running.

Edmund then came over and sat on his horse, as so the other people did behind them. Everlina followed and put her arms around his waist, feeling his sword underneath a thin slice of leather.

The next chapter is going to be amazing! I can't wait!!