21

Everlina was so enthusiastic. Despite it all, she loved nature. Now she was sat with her back against a tree. 3 days into the search for something out of the ordinary. The midnight moonlit sky bounced upon her eyes as goldenrod flapping wings could be seen as the weeping willow leave hung over them. Yes, fire flies danced around her, as the snores of the other men could be heard. Her eyes broke away from the gold, but then drifted to Edmund sleeping peacefully next to herons mat laid out drastically far from his horse. He looked so innocent and normal when he was sleeping, much like someone she used to know.

She now picked her boots, the dry grass falling off and burying itself in the darkness. She traced the darkness, fascinated with how it all works.

Snap.

Everlinas neck whipped up, her eyes wide and alert. Maybe she imagined the sound, the darkness can do things like that...

Snap.

This time it was obvious. Someone or something was making that noise. She looked around, squinting her eyes through the heaps of darkness that circled her. Everyone else was sleeping, as peacefully as Edmund. She thought someone could be out using the bathroom, but she counted the sleeping silhouettes and was almost sure she counted the same amount. It was louder as well, whatever was out there, was wanting Everlina to hear.

She was curious, very curious to what could be out there, what's lurking in the inky black sky or the shadows that dance around. She grabbed a night lantern, and peered wearily through the bushes. She didn't see anything, but she was too smart to blow it off as something with a reasonable answer. She stepped further towards the bush where the sound erupted from, and squinted into it, her eyes small and focussing on every ounce of movement or sound.

"Come"

A hoarse familiar voice sent shivers down her spine, it was right Infront of her, and she couldn't even sense a thing. I know what your thinking, scary voice in a bush telling u to come closer? Don't come closer right? Nope. Everlina walks ahead, curiosity filling her immediately.

She was slightly scared, but clutched her sword with her other arm, the other hand was taken by a lantern that dangles infront of her eyes. Then she saw it. Mossy leaves covering a cave glow door. Light slightly peaked through the large bush, indicating something other than leaves is there. She pulled back the thick blanket of vines, showing a cave door. She gasped, never seeing such bright lights.

Eventually her eyes adjusted, and she looked back to se everyone still sleeping. It wouldn't hurt to go look for a second would it? She may be in danger, but she can look after herself she was sure.

She crept in, a feeling of guilt building up in her, she didn't know what was here. Why the cave was hidden and how no one had seen it before. They have been around this bush for about 6 hours. How did no one notice the light?

The cave was a long look until she saw him. A speck of blonde her facing away from her. She couldn't see his face, but knew exactly who it was. Delmar.

Before she could speak, or bombard him with questions or threats. Her heard was pounding with fear as he interrupted.

"Everlina. I can smell your fear from here."Delmars voice broke out from his messy appearance. "So glad you came"

Everlinas hands shook as the silver sword with diamonds on the handle sprang from her sheath onto the floor. Delmar turned around and moved his finger, sending magic through out the air and moving the sword to the side. The cave was plain, only walls and a blur of blinding light. And Delmar. "How-?" She stuttered, trying to act brave.

"How? Well, Everlina dear. You don't think I could pull this off by myself could I?" Delmars eyes twitched, and his mouth curled into a sickening grin.

Everlina shook her head a breathed calmly. "What do you mean..?" He sounded different. His voice was more edgy and demanding compared to Delmars old personality. Even when Delmars mind was 'messed up' on the Bench where he abused her, his voice was slightly lighter.

Delmar disapproved of the girls stupidness, how hadn't she figured it out yet. "conflandum in cute" Delmar whispered to himself, arching his arms upwards, whispering some magically spell. That's what Everlina thought anyway. Thoughts where running through her mind, it was about a month ago when he tried to...y'know. And he still seemed so capable of anything.

His eyes burst open an dark brown, no longer a sea blue. His hands started to shake as his mouth hung open, a earth rattling sound escaped his lungs. A scream of pain and agony stretched through his body. His mouth started to stretch open, skin oozing apart, as his jaw broke with no contact at all. Nested you heard his fingers snap a million times before taking a different shape. His back bent backwards, before a large echo of a bone snapping erupted, his mouth still making the same grimacing sound. His back grew more muscles as his dirty shirt ripped and fell to the floor. Soon his face skin melted off, like wax falling onto the floor. His hair burnt off, and new dreads grew. Thick brown hair, large brown eyes and a muscular body stood before her.

She fell to the floor with what she saw. Tears spilling without a warning. "E-Eric?"
EVERYONE GO LOOK AT MY NEW BOOK 'Lumos// Draco Malfoy'
OMG WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT?!?

Changed the cover ;) you like??