Chapter 6

Emma's POV

I was laying in the bed and Killian was in the other bed. I couldnt stop thinking about how Killian was so protective of me today.

"Killian are you awake?" I ask.

"Yeah I am." He says.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask him.

"Yeah whats up?" He asks.

"You know I was in a no good area with my crappy ex. What about you did you have someone?" I ask.

"I had a woman named Milah. She and I were together for awhile. Then she left me out of nowhere. Now I dont know where she is and I dont care. Hey I gotta ask do you think that ex of yours will come after you?" He asks.

"I hope not. He treated me like crap and said I belonged to him." I say.

"Well you dont belong to anyone. You arnt anyones property." He says.

"So Killian when do we hit the road in the morning? Do we need to be up early?" I ask.

"I think we dont have to leave till 11:00am." He says.

Then it went silent and I was still laying there still unable to sleep because I was thinking about Killian.

"Hey about today when the guy was hitting on me why did you tell him you were with me. I know you said it was because you thought I looked trapped, but that was a lie wasnt it?" I ask.

"Yeah it was a lie. Emma I just dont want you to get hurt or go off with some random person. I mean I was a random person you went off with, but I feel weirdly protective of you. I hope that makes sense." He says.

"Well I think its sweet. Thanks again for having my back Killian." I say.

"Anytime love." He says.

Friend-zoned I am friend-zoned Killian doesnt want me. Why would he? He is prefect and Im nothing. Im not worth him. Why would he want someone like me? He is wonderful and I am not. Why must I fall for guys that are either more perfect then me or terrible for me? God Emma you fall for the wrong guys. I guess I'll never be happy.