Secret meeting

(Eren's POV)

I got a call from Armin. He said he wants me to meet him and Jean at the mall to discuss something about Mikasa. He said that since it's rare for any of us to go to the mall, it's likely we won't be disturbed.

"So Armin."
"Yes?"
"Why are we here?"

"Well I've been talking to Jean and we decided to spy on Mikasa using this drone in my backpack. I know it's unethical but I needed to to get more information about her." Armin said.

"Okay. So you're using this drone to spy on Mikasa, right? So it has a camera? And is it quiet enough to be able to spy on people?" I asked.

"Yes. And we've tested it. Also we've been able to gather good info. Good dirt on her." Jean said.

"We found out that Mikasa met with the guy she's cheating on you with twice." Armin said.

"From the looks of it, you don't stand a chance." Jean said.

"Last week I told her that I know she was hiding something from me. She kept stuttering and denying it. When I left the café we were at she ran after me, pleading to me, wanting me to give her a second chance. Still stating that she hasn't cheated on me with anyone. She said she had family issues at the moment. Though I doubt family issues would turn your whole personality upside down." I said.

"Hah! Family issues! Hahahaha! Unbelievable!" Jean started to laugh.

"I know, right? Hahahaha!" I said.

"How did she believe that this lie would work?! Did she provide any proof?" Armin said while laughing.

"Nah!" I replied between laughs.

"Hahahaha! Anyway, Anyway! Tomorrow we're gonna test the drone." Armin said.

For the remainder of the day we did some boy stuff. Other than discussing our plans, we went and played videogames and did other stuff as well. Nothing too serious.

(The Next Day)

We tracked Mikasa all day and finally we were able to get a good vantage point. One close enough we can see them but far enough they won't hear the drone.

"Okay. Mikasa's is in front of this building, talking to Sasha." Armin said.

"Activate the drone." I said. Armin activated the drone and connected it to my phone.

The drone Armin possesses is a modified drone with a microphone attached to the camera. A special mic that lets us zoom in on Mikasa and spy on her without getting caught. The drone itself is exceptionally stealthy in that the blades it uses to spin around produce less noise than the original ones it came with.

"Now go ahead. Spy on the cheating girlfriend." Jean said.

I started flying the drone. I could see Mikasa and Sasha talking together. And they were having one long conversation.

Then they started moving away. I tailed them with the drone as I started to listen in on their conversation.

"So Mikasa. Tell me again. Eren found out?" Sasha said.

"Kinda. I told him i have family issues at the moment." Mikasa said.

"I don't see how he'd buy that story." Sasha said.

"Me neither. But he has faith in me, at least. Kudos for that." Mikasa said.

"Are you really gonna hook up with him?" Sasha asked.

"Playing the pronoun game, Sasha? Not nice." I said to myself.

"I don't know... I still like Eren." Mikasa said.

Then Jean looked at me and said: "let's hope she stays true to those words"

Back to Mikasa and Sasha, they started talking about me not talking to Mikasa at all this week, after the incident.
It's true. I haven't talked to her since. Because I felt anger and sadness whenever I did talk to her. I decided to avoid her all week. I knew it was a bad idea but I had to clear my mind.

The drone started glitching out as it got too far from us. We needed to haul ass and get closer.

"Eren. We need to get to a close proximity to the drone. Move." Armin said.

We relocated to a better location while keeping an eye on Mikasa. That task was not easy.

"Come on, Mikasa! Leave Eren behind you! He isn't that great!" Sasha said.

"Y'know what? I think I might. I'm just gonna see how our relationship would fare this week." Mikasa said.

Anger was boiling inside of me. I hopes I'd never see Mikasa ever again. I just wanted to strangle Sasha with my bare hands.

(Time skip)

"Hello, Sasha, My darling Mikasa!" We saw a Guy come out from inside a building and hugging both Sasha and Mikasa.

"Is that him?" Asked Armin.

"I think he is." Replied Jean.

The guy kissed Mikasa on the cheek and told them to follow him to his car. And then we decided to follow them.

(Time skip)

"So... they're eating ice cream and talking... about life and stuff." Jean said.

(Time skip)

"Eren! Come here. They got out of the cinema." Armin said.

(Time skip)

"Gosh, he kissed her cheek again!" I said.

(Time skip)

All three of them walked roamed the entire town all day. It was agonizing to keep a close eye on them without getting caught but it was manageable. I do not think they ever saw the drone. And that in itself is a job well done.

"Okay Eren. That's enough for today. Keep the drone. We're leaving." Armin said and then left with Jean.

I continued spying on them for a bit before Mikasa was dropped off at her house.