Lemme guess... you wanna try to stop me too?

(Eren's POV)

"Eren! Eren!" I heard a familiar voice from behind me as I was packing the stuff outside my house. I turn to see Krista.

"Hey Krista."

"Eren! Armin told me you're leaving for a while. He was texting me earlier." She said.

"Yea. Got tired of life in this shithole. Lemme guess... you wanna try to stop me too, don't ya?" I said.

"What? Are you... mad at someone?" She asked.

"Maybe... it's just... I don't want to tell every single person about my problem. No offense" I said

"Oh... okay. None taken. It doesn't matter. I don't want to see you sad, that's all. You're my-I Mean you're a great person, Eren. You're... one of the best, uh... people that I ever met." She said.

"Okay. Thanks." I simply replied.

"When are you coming back?" She asked.

"I'm never comin' back." I said.

"What?! I thought... I thought you were just leaving for a while and..." Then I saw a tear come down from her cute little face.

"Krista... please don't cry... I have... personal stuff I need to take care of. I'm sorry. Besides, it's my mom's choice not mine. She found a better opportunity for us to live and she took it. A bette job, a better house, everything!" I said.

Then she instantly hugged me and started crying on my chest.

"I don't want you to leave!!!" She shouted. "I can't have the thought of someone I care about leave!!! Eren DON'T!" She shouted.

"Krista... I don't know what to say... I'm so sorry." I said as I wrapped my arms around her and laid my chin on her head. "Though you're always welcome to visit. My door'll be open to you always."

"I'll miss you so much." She said.

"Me too. All of you." I said.

Then... she did... something... unexpected. She... kissed me on the cheek. I was shocked by her actions but decided to shrug it off as a friendly kiss.

She gave me one last hug before I packed my last box and placed it in the trunk of mom's car.

Then I entered and we drove off to another place. Somewhere better. Away from all this stupid shitty life I live... or used to live.

So... are you happy now?

What? Yes, of course!

Will you... miss her?

Krista? Yea, I will.

Not her, your former lover.

No.

Alright. But only time will tell. And let us hope time will heal your emotional wounds. One day you'll find yourself in much more agonizing situations. And I'll need you ready for that.