Surveying the Auction Hotel

(Jean's POV)

"Ready guys?" I asked my group of pals.

"Ready." All of them said in unison.

"Damn, I was hoping you'd say no I wanted to buy a snack..." I replied.

"Would you hurry up? We must take pictures of every part of the hotel!" Ymir whisper-yelled.

"Ugh fine!"

We planned to take pictures of the huge hotel that was on top of a hillside overlooking a tiny beach town. The hotel itself is going to host the auction so we planned on taking pictures to create an entrance and an exit strategy and try to find out where exactly in the hotel would the auction take place in, if we're able to snatch the precious necklace before the auction starts, and if we're able to do all that unnoticed.

"Now Connie I need you to handle the entrance. I need you to be my eyes and ears while Ymir and I try to get inside and talk to the receptionist and know about everything. While we're inside I need you to look for any and every possible point a henchman might be positioned in."

"And what am I supposed to do?" Krista asked.

"You go around the east side of the hotel and look for any backdoor entrances." I replied.

"Backdoor? Really?" She said in a disappointed tone.

"Whatever! Now go, will you?"

Ymir and I proceeded to go to the reception and talk to the receptionist who greeted us kindly.

"Welcome to the Krolva hotel and resort, how can I help you?" He said.

"Yea um, my girlfriend and I are on a countrywide trip, vlogging our journey and all. And we wanna settle in for a night or two, maybe for next week as we travel around the area a little bit and, uh, see the sights and vlog, y'know?" I explained a plan that I come up with on the spot.

"Alright give me a second to check the reservations... and... oh no..." he exclaimed.

"Anything wrong?" Ymir asked.

"I'm afraid we're booked all week long." He stated.

"What? Every room?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm afraid. We're hosting a... conference of sorts. A conference for major entrepreneurs and company CEOs from all over the world, mostly Chinese and Japanese along with entrepreneurs and businessmen from a variety of European countries." He explained.

"And why would they decide to come here of all places?" I asked.

"Our hotel takes pride in hosting multiple annual events and is one of the top hotels in this country. And have been doing so for the past 4 decades." He stated.

I realized he's full of shit and was just saying that to cover the auction that was taking place in a few days. He had that look in his eyes.

"So... what are we to do, I mean we can't sleep on the streets!" I exclaimed.

"Well there are a bunch of motels scattered around our town that have great customer service and are positions in key areas that give you awesome views of our lovely town. I apologize for this inconvenience and I hope we can host you again one day."

We thanked him and walked out of the hotel.
I started thinking about whether he's a corrupt prick or just a guy doing his job, if he knows what's going on and doesn't wanna say a thing because he's either paid or threatened, or he legit thinks that there's a conference or something. He seemed somewhat convincing though there were flaws in his argument. For instance he claims the hotel hosts lots of events and stuff though I highly doubt that considering the town is in the middle of nowhere. Though it has a great view of the Pacific Ocean.