Thank You

Hey everyone.

It's Me. I am so proud of myself because of this book and thankful to every single one of you who read my story and enjoyed this adventure. Since forever I have started on this book and to finally get to the day that I can say that I finished it, I'm quite speechless.

Of course I had finished books before, but none at the scale of this one and not much heart and soul has put into them like this one.

I've been honing my writing skills for the entire two years that I started writing. Looking back at my younger self and seeing how bad my writing was, only being able to write in sentences, X did this, Y did that, I'd say I've come a long way.
I owe a lot of it to you. If it wasn't for you reading my stories and keeping me going, I don't even know if I would have stayed on this platform.

At first, this book started as an... expression.
I wanted to express my feelings towards people who cheat on you and how it affects me personally. I wanted Eren to be the reflection of myself or something like that. I wanted him to act the way I would in these situations. The story was going to take a completely different direction with the focus on Eren and what he is, was, and will become.

I wanted Eren to be my avatar in this world. Him being me and so on. I was in an unhealthy state of mind. That's the reason I started this book.

But then, and as I wrote more chapters, I quickly started to realize that this shouldn't be the way I express myself. And that I should know why people do the things they do because my perspective might be wrong, that one cannot see the world just from their own perspective. And so I continued with Mikasa. I wanted to redeem her, but at the same time make her hard to do so. Make it harder on herself and the group of people around her.

And that's when I started to introduce characters. I had a long list of characters that could fit the role of the deuteragonist, but I didn't know who to pick. Then I settled on Connie. Why? Because I could see him in my head being the person that he is. This introvert person with a deep and complex past that ties in to the main narrative in a similar fashion to the protagonist (Mikasa).

I guess at that point my sanity started to break again. I started feeling down more and more and updating less and less. At that time I would update all my stories at the same time, not knowing on what to write. My mind was a mess. I didn't wanna tell anybody because I didn't feel like I could trust anyone.

I decided to try and keep myself happy with my biggest passion yet, and that's videogames.
And thank god for videogames because without them, I'd think that I would have never returned to my normal self.

Every videogame I played inspired me to write. Every action scene, every world, every set piece. All the scenarios and all the hardships that I experienced in videogames helped get me to where I am today. Inspired to write scenes similar to what I see and hear, I think without gaming I'd be clueless.

This story then clicked in my head one day, and I started visualizing everything that is going to happen and write it down on a piece of paper to know. Later I'd get to review what I noted and then write it down as a chapter, writing a cohesive story in the process.

I had writers like BroBot2000 and his family, our family, inspire me with their talent and their love for writing to make me write my own. Otherwise I would not have probably made an EreMika story to begin with.

hunterofhunters also helped with giving me ideas for the story, be it big or small, I did not care. All I knew was I had support from people I can trust.

Your comments too helped me get motivated to write more. And now I actually feel like I can write for eternity.

I will now take a break for a while. Probably for a few days. Later I'll come back and publish a chapter for Eren Jaeger - Spider-Man. Then I'll work on my EreAni book, and then I'll worry about the Eren's Revenge Rewrite.

I want to one day become a writer with my own IP. That's my dream, my passion. I have an idea for a fantasy story that I have already published on Wattpad but it needs lots and lots of polish.

With your support that dream may one day become a reality.
And I will never forget what all of you have done for me.

Thank You.

-Jad Awada, the author.