Her sins reflect upon her

Mikasa and Connie walked to Mikasa's High School, trying to look for Eren's clue that, to Mikasa's belief and hopes, may or may not be where they decided to look. Arriving there at midnight, knowing that no one will be there.
Connie, had this firm belief that the "Y" on the secret box he found in Eren's house, might stand for Yoghurt. An idea that seems far fetched for any normal person, but being Eren's closest friend, he knew Eren better than anyone. He believed that Eren had placed clues based on plans he came up with a few years ago

Mikasa was one of the people to believe that Eren would do such thing. Seeing that she, as well, was very close friends with Eren, in fact she was more than that. She was his lover. She would know the way that Eren behaves. To her, Eren is a nice guy, a loving person who cares about everyone in his life and would do no wrong. But to Connie, Eren is far from being such person. To him, Jaeger is a mad prankster, a guy who would go to as far as it would take him to create and execute the masterpiece of a prank.

Reaching for the main entrance door, Connie realized that it was locked. Pushing or pulling the door didn't do anything as the door wouldn't budge.
"Stop Connie. It won't budge." Mikasa said, as she walked away to look around.
Connie stopped and looked at her, and said:"Do you know of some other method of entry? 'Cause I can't think of any right now."

"I would suggest the janitor's room, in search for a key, but I won't suggest you use said key on the front door." Mikasa said as she crossed her hands and looked at the ground in boredom. Soon she zoned out.
Connie walked to Mikasa and tapped her on her shoulder, making her snap out of her imagination.
"Huh?" She said, confused.
"The back door?" Connie asked as he walked in the direction of the dormitories without waiting for Mikasa to answer.
"Wait!" Mikasa said as she followed him towards the dormitories building were the janitor room is located.

Connie and Mikasa both walked into the dormitories building and walked towards the janitor room. Mikasa reached out to the door handle and pulled it down but the door turned out to be locked. Mikasa sighed and walked away from the door. Connie then, who was waring a leather jacked, unzipped it and pulled out a tension wrench, a lock pick and a rake.
Mikasa looked at him with surprise. Her eyebrows raised as her gaze laid upon the tools.

"So you came prepared?" She asked as she watched Connie pick the lock of the janitor room door. She started to focus on Connie's hands as he twisted and turned them. She examined the way Connie focused on the lock and how he was lock picking so she could memorize a thing or two.

The task of lock picking was completed and the lock clicked, Connie opened the door.
"Tada!" He said as he walked inside the room and started to look for a set of spare keys they could use.

"Nice lock-picking skills." Mikasa said. Complimenting Connie. "You seem to know what you're doing."

Connie looked at her with a smile and said: "Thanks, Eren taught me."

Hearing that made Mikasa freeze in her place. She looked away from Connie and sighed as she remembered Eren once more and the pain she caused him. Hearing anything about Eren, whether she already knew the information she heard or not would immediately trigger a sense of sadness, guilt or regret to her.

"Yeah... Eren..." She said, not taking her gaze off the ground.

"Aha! Found 'em!" Connie exclaimed as he grabbed the set of keys and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. His voice once again snapped Mikasa out of her imagination.

"O-Okay. Let's go." She said as she walked ahead of Connie to the school entrance.

Connie opened the door and they both walked inside the dark hallways of the high-school, heading for the roof top. Connie walked on the tips of his toes and looked in every direction. Mikasa, on the other hand, she walked at a normal pace, maintaining a normal walking stance and casually walking alongside Connie.
Connie stopped in his tracks and looked at Mikasa who looked back at him confused.