Eyes Watching From The Shadows Part 1

(Mikasa's POV)

The group and I started a group chat where we would text each other to plan whatever our next move is and then regroup at someone's house before executing the plan.

I was in my bed late at night, 1:30 AM to be exact and was looking at some old photos on my phone, mainly of Eren and I. My mind was still confused about what my life has come to. Especially now.

Whenever I feel closer to Eren I always get the feeling that at the same time I'm getting further away. Armin has ceased contact with all of us and I think that's probably the main reason. He doesn't read any of our messages.

Then as I was scrolling through the photos I get a text message from a private number.

Message:"Go to the school. Eren has left something there for you. Yesterday."

My heart froze. My eyes were glued to the screen of my phone, reading the message over and over again. Yesterday?!

'How?! Why?! Why didn't he come to me in person?!' My mind raced through all those questions.

I immediately contacted everybody and sent them a screenshot through the phone and told them to come to my place ASAP.

Jean: I'll be there!

Ymir: I'm headed there right now.

Krista: Meeee toooo!

Connie: Hey Guys! Don't forget to get any weapons you have. You never know.

Mikasa: Connie's right. We're headed inside a school in the middle of the night.

A few minutes and the gang arrived. We sat in the living room talking about he potential dangers of going there.

"How do you know that Eren did leave something there? Maybe it's a trap!" Jean said.

"I don't know, I... I don't wanna risk it. From what Connie and I experienced first hand, it's not something unusual for Eren to do things like this. But the question is... how did he come to town yesterday?!" I asked.

"Maybe he didn't personally leave it there, but someone else did it for him." Krista stayed.

"He is known for doing that, I guess, as well. Since when the two boys moved in with him, he, I guess decided that he could use their help and started spreading messages to girls he wanted to go out with but didn't have their numbers. All with little paper letters." Ymir continued.

"But why not text them?" Connie asked.

"He probably didn't get his hands on their phone number yet. So that's a better alternative, I'd say." Ymir responded.

"So, uh. Are we gonna go there or what?" Jean asked.

"Wait... as much as I'd hate to say it, it might be a trap. I'm already being hunted for by whoever wants me, maybe for a ransom or whatever but I'm not taking any chances." I replied.

Then another text message popped up.

Message: "Here is the item you're looking for. It's somewhere dear to Your Heart"

The message was sent with a photo attached. It was a USB drive.

My mind instantly clicked at the sight of it.

"That usb! Eren used to have it! I remember it! He used to give it to me so I can copy homework on it and give it back to him!" I exclaimed.