He who stole her from me

Seeking his past, Eren relives his memories by concentration. He decides if leaving his past life behind was worth it.

(Eren's POV)

I remember...

I remember what happened... clear as day.

Mikasa and I fought... a few times after I caught her the first time. She said that if there was anything between her and someone else, that would be of my imagination. She called me paranoid. More than once, actually. I couldn't believe what I kept hearing, it was very heart-breaking to hear her utter those words. It was wrong. Very wrong.

Mikasa isn't the type of person who ignores others and utters mean words, every word more poisonous than the last. She kept ignoring me for a few days after that. Rarely talking to me, and even seeing her was a rare sight. My suspicions grew the more Mikasa behaved weirdly.
I was determined to catch her. And that's when I did, and my life was ruined.

Is nothing true? Is everyone using me?

I kept asking myself that, over and over again. I knew the answer, but I didn't wish to believe it. I didn't trust anyone again until I met Sean. Other than him, I had no one to befriend. I did date other girls but did not my virginity to one of them, as they weren't as satisfying as my relationship with Mikasa. They didn't feel real or genuine at all. They were nothing than a few hot chicks I spent my time with. I didn't love them like I loved Mikasa.

That night... after I ran away from the park...
I met Jason.

It was after I made it halfway home, I got a text from an unknown number on my phone.

"Meet me in these coordinates"

Without guessing who might've texted me, I head to the location that was pinned with the text message. I knew that the events that might take place there will not be pleasant, yet I made my way there anyway.
I stumbled upon a big abandoned warehouse near the docks. The entire area was ridden of life. Everything was empty with no sign of any human life whatsoever. Yet I felt that I was being watched by someone who does not have any good intentions in mind.

I reached the entrance of the warehouse where my eyes laid upon the sole person who stood still, in the middle of the open area, staring at me from under his black hooded jacket.
I figured out who he was the second my gaze laid upon him. His build, his height, the evil smile on his face, there was no mistaking it.
The man that stood before me was the same man who took my love from me. It was Jason.

"Why did you take Mikasa from me, huh? Why?!" I yelled out at him, which printed him to take his hood off and chuckle. His stared at me with his cold eyes as I stared back with mine. I clenched my first, ready for the moment I snap to punch him right in the face and release my anger at him. Even though I knew he could beat me up with no effort.

"Oh, isn't it obvious?" He asked. "She's beautiful, has a nice rack and she's smart enough to forget about you the second she met me."

"Do you know what Mika told me over these past few weeks? That she was tired of you. That you're a poor excuse of a boyfriend and you annoyed the hell out of her all that time you spent with each other! You are annoying, she told me. And that I was a nice, fresh start for her!" He exclaimed, raising his voice for each sentence. "She used you, my boy. Used you!"

"Shut Up!" I yelled at him to stop talking as I couldn't bear to listen to what he said. A part of me believed he was lying, but another part of me was convinced that what he said was somewhat true, based on Mikasa's odd behavior.

"She didn't want to break up with you because she didn't want to be single at the start of her teen years. You were just a tool." He said as he started to walk towards me.

"No! Mikasa and I enjoyed a lifetime's worth of happy moments and had tons of fun! We were inseparable!" I yelled at him, but that didn't stop him from closing the distance between him and me.

"That was just an added bonus! She wanted a boyfriend and you made her feel special! No wonder she made you stick around!" He exclaimed as he closed the gap between us.
"Don't you get it? She's rich! She could just dump you and replace you with five others if she wanted to! But she didn't have the guts to do so."

Jason leaned closer to me and whispered in my ear the words that I would never forget, the words that still haunt me to this day.
"Do you know what she said? She said that you are A GOOD RIDDANCE"

I pushed Jason away and punched him in the jaw, surprising him. He grabbed his jaw and looked at me with eyes wide open.
"So that's where you're willing to take it, huh?" He asked. "Well then, so be it."

That's when we started to fight, with me landing a punch and getting hit with three others every time. Even with everything I've got, I still could not turn the tables against Jason in that power struggle.
At times, when I try to land a hit, he dodges and I end up at the receiving end of a neck counterattack. But that didn't stop me from standing my ground and fighting on, even if I would be the one to get his ass kicked the most.

The fight went on for ten whole minutes, which the outcome of was me collapsing on the ground with Jason still standing, only with a bleeding mouth and sweaty clothes.

"Whew! Wasn't that exhilarating!" Jason said. "I think that's enough for one day."

With my back against the solid ground, I looked at him and said: "The best-laid plans, eh? It may... have eluded me... for now... but rest assured... I shall have... my... revenge."

"Good. Don't keep us waiting then." He mocked me as he walked away, heading towards the warehouse.

"Farewell me foe. May we meeteth again some other time. We wilt duel to the death at which hour the time cometh." I said as I laid on the ground.

After I was able to get up, a solid three minutes later, I headed home, feeling destroyed. Not physically, but emotionally.

The next day, I decided to leave. Getting tons of calls from Armin, Jean, Krista, Annie and even Mikasa herself. I answered none.

I focused on starting a new life and forgetting about the past. My life was about to change and I decided to change with it.