Jean's Quest

Krista Lenz. A friend of Eren Jaeger who was in touch with Eren suddenly grew worried when her friend stopped contacting her after a while and did not reply to her messages.

Worried, she decided to call Eren's best friend, Armin Arlert.
She opened up the latter's contact details and called his phone number. Armin shortly answered.

"Hey Armin! How's it going?" Krista said to her friend.

"Oh hi Krista. Everything's fine. How are you?" Armin asked.

"I'm great. Anyways I'm wondering, is Eren ok? I mean he's not been answering my calls or texts." She stated.

"Oh yea. That. Well, Eren, uh, has lots of tests coming up later in the week and he's studying hard. His cellphone is probably on airplane mode and he's too busy to go online so, I think that's why." Armin explained.

"Well, can I talk to him?" She asked.

"Yea. Just, uh l-lemme check on him." Armin replied before calling out to Eren. A few seconds later Armin came back to his phone.
"Strange. He's not here and his cellphone battery's drained. Well I'll t-tell him to check on you once he returns."

"O-okay, thanks, Armin! It's has been nice talking to you."

"Bye Krista." Armin said before hanging up.

Krista took a sigh of relief knowing that nothing is wrong. But for an instance in their call, Armin sounded strange, as if he's deliberately hiding something.
The blonde girl thought to herself as to why would Armin sound the way he did.

'What's with Armin? He was acting strange... maybe Eren doesn't wanna talk right now?' She thought to herself.
'Did I do something wrong?'

She decided to check on social media and see if Eren's online or if he has been active recently. But her search yielded no results as Eren was not active for days.

Krista then decided to keep herself busy by watching anime to pass the time.
Suddenly her phone rang. She took a glance to see who is the person behind the call and it turned out to be her friend Jean.

"Hey. Krista." Jean said the second Krista answered.

"Hey Jean what's up?"

"I've been trying to contact Jaeger but it seems that I cannot reach him. Have you had any luck?" He asked.

"I tried but I just couldn't as well. I talked to Armin and he said he's not using his phone lately. Exams and stuff."

"Yea he said the same thing to me too. I'm just not buying it. He stuttered a lot."

"Exactly I felt the same thing. Something's fishy is going on."

"Did you do something to get him pissed? I know I didn't."

"I did nothing, I swear it! If there's something happening, and I don't know about it, I thought that you might know something."

"I feel you. But if anyone Eren would trust, it's you. You were the one who last saw him. Isn't that correct?" Jean asked.

"Yea it's true." She responded. "But, not unlike you, he doesn't talk anymore. Do you know a way we could... I don't know... find out?"

"Huh..."

"What?"

"Eren had a friend here a while ago that I spotted him with once... a bald kid around Eren's height. Just a little shorter." Jean described the boy he mentioned.

"Do you really believe this guy would know where Eren could be or why he isn't talking to us? I mean WE, his friends, he stops talking to, and you expect this random guy to know?"

"Hold on a sec here, okay? I didn't say he's a random guy or anything, did I?" Jean asked. "From what I saw, Eren and him were very close. And not introducing us to him means that they are probably hiding something, or at least doing something that they wouldn't want anybody to know about... or I'm just speculating. Anyway, we don't have any other lead. Merely this hunch."

"True." Krista said. "Anyways, can you find him?"

"I'll try. He doesn't seem from out of town, seeing as I spotted him with Eren more than enough times to tell. But they were too weirdly behaving for me to ask them anything. It was very uncomfortable."

"Okay. It doesn't matter now. Well contact me if you find him and tell me where to meet so we could talk."

"Okay. Though I was going to suggest that you shouldn't get involved in all of this, but seeing as you would... insist... I'd say you should be in on this." Jean stated.

"You know me. Anyways, later!"

Jean hung up and proceeded to leave his house and search for leads around his neighborhood for any leads on Eren's associate.

He went around town and asked a few local individuals and shop owners about any guy who would seem to match the description. But all his search was in vain.

After an hour of searching, Jean took a break at a local convenient store and bought himself a soda.
He contacted his blonde friend to inform her of his progress, or lack thereof.

"Hey."

"What's up?"

"I found squat." Jean said.

"Aw, man!" Krista exclaimed.

"I searched everywhere and asked everyone. Geez, I didn't know searching for someone here is like a needle in a haystack! You can tell that to Eren when he finally answers. He'd add this to his list of reasons to hate this place." Jean exclaimed.

"True. Hey have you thought about asking anyone of Eren's acquaintance? Maybe Mikasa?"

"You mean former acquaintance. And why would she of all people know anything about this?" Jean asked.

"Maybe she knows him. Maybe this guy is a mutual acquaintance of them or something. Go ahead, test your luck."

"Uh-huh. Okay. I'll call her. Doubt she'll answer to me though."

"You gotta try, Jean. I'm here digging through Eren's social network accounts but I can't find anyone who match the description. Lots of bald heads, but mostly taller, bulkier men. Nothing that matches your description."

"Alright. I'll try."

Jean then called Mikasa and waited for her to answer. Mikasa took a while to answer her phone but in the end she did.

"Hey Mikasa. It's me. Jean. You remember me?"

"Why should I forget you, Jean?" Mikasa asked.

"Let's get to the point. Do you, uh, happen to know a bald kid, around Er-I mean, YOUR height?"

"No. I don't know anyone like that. Why are you asking?"

"Well, uh, I'm looking for this guy and probably you might now someone who matches his description... I don't know. Just testing my luck!"

"No I don't. Do you need anything else? Because I have a test tomorrow. I need to study."

"Uh, no. Thanks. Talk to you later. Bye."

"Bye." Mikasa said before hanging up.

"Jeez, what's wrong with this woman?" Jean asked himself before calling Krista again. But before he did his mind clicked.

"Aw man! I have that same test tomorrow and I studied nothing!"

He then called his friend.

"No luck." He said. "She doesn't know 'em."

"Ugh..."

"Any ideas?" Jean asked.

"No. Just come to my place. We'll plan there."

"Hey, do you mind me bringing my stuff with me? I have an exam as well. Mikasa reminded me right now."

"Sure. Oh and also I have someone I'd like you to meet. She's really interested to meet you since you're one of my friends."

'She?' Jean thought to himself before heading out back to his house.