Codes

"Wake up! Mikasa! Wake up!" Connie yelled at his friend who has fell unconscious on the kitchen floor.

Mikasa slowly opened her eyes and replied with a moan as she slowly adjusted herself.
She placed her right hand on her forehead and looked around her to find out that she was on her living room sofa.

"Ugh... Connie?" She asked.

"Glad to know you weren't dead!" Connie replied.

"What happened?" She asked.

"You fell unconscious! I was on the laptop in the living room and then suddenly I heard a loud noise in the kitchen. I ran there and saw that you have fell unconscious. But you weren't out for so long. Only a few minutes."

"Where are the guards?" She asked.

"As usual, on their regular patrols. No one noticed what happened."

"Weren't you supposed to call out for help or call the ambulance or something? Oh, thank you for worrying so much!" Mikasa exclaimed.

"Well, I didn't want the guards to think that I have done something to you and uh, it'd be awkward and..." Connie stopped talking and just looked away with a nervous smile.

"Uhg, okay, okay! Fine. Whatever. At least I wasn't out for so long."

Connie had turned on the tv before Mikasa could fall unconscious. They were both cut off when news of the Cyprus hospital attack that happened a few months ago resurfaced when the remains of bullets were found among the rubble.

"Huh? What the heck?" Connie asked.

"Terrorists?" Mikasa suggested.

Mikasa's mind flashed back to the time when the news broke. Footage of the destroyed hospital was shown from helicopters' shot as well as photos were shown of the deceased hospital staff and patients alike.
Deaths were in the hundreds and there were no survivors. The authorities refused to give any information about what they already know and pictures of the victims prohibited of being taken, meaning that the news could not describe how the bodies were killed. The hospital was not in a major area of population and the explosion did not cause any damage to the surrounding area around the hospital.
The people of Cyprus are causing riot and the entire country is shook by the tragedy.

"Damn..." Connie exclaimed.

"Oh my god..." Mikasa said as she placed her hand on her mouth.

Connie quickly took actions and turned off the tv via the remote. He then picked up Mikasa's laptop and continued trying to decipher the code. The code itself was pretty long, making Connie believe that it might be a letter.

"This attack happened only mere weeks after Eren left." Mikasa stated.

Mikasa went back to the kitchen to resume her task. But then Connie grabbed her hand as she made her way into the kitchen.

"I'm not going to leave you alone anymore. Let's not risk it. I'll come with you and help if you need to." Connie stated as he let go of her hand.

"Connie, it's not a big deal. I can do this on my own, no need to worry." Mikasa reassured her bald friend.

"Well, I'm not gonna let you go in there alone again. Let's not argue and do as I say." Connie stated.

"Ugh fine!" Mikasa replied.

As Mikasa was preparing the stuff she needed, her phone rang. She looked at it to figure out who was calling and it turned out to be her mother.
Mikasa picked her phone up and answered the call.

"Hey honey!" Her mother greeted her.

"Hey mom. What's up?"

"I just wanted to say hi and see how you're doing. Would you like some Starbucks or something?"

"No, I'm good. Oh and by the way, Connie's here."

"Oh yea? Say hi to him for me, will you?"

"Yea I will. Okay, I have to go now, bye!"

"Bye sweetie!"

Connie who was sitting on a chair and deciphering the code, asked Mikasa about the call and if there was something important.

"No, just asking if she'd bring me some Starbucks, I said no."

Connie eyes opened as wide as they could and then he jumped off his chair and stared at Mikasa and said:"YOU SAID WHAT?!"

"Relax. My hot chocolate is the best, you will never ask for any Starbucks after this!"

"Let's hope so!" Connie said as he sat back down, feeling very disappointed.

"Oh, don't give me that look!" Mikasa exclaimed.
"Look I'll bet you 50 bucks that you'll love it!"

Connie looked at Mikasa, raising an eyebrow and asked:"And what if I lose?"

"Well nothing, really. I'm not interested in a prize. But I'm ready to wager some money. I don't mind that at all."

"Oh yea. That's because you're rich."

"You mad bro?"

"No. I'm not."

Connie then finally managed to decipher the code.
It was a letter from what seemed to be Eren himself.

Connie. I know you are a genius when the need arises. But I don't need your smarts now.
Listen. Mikasa Ackerman. She's being targeted by a group of thugs. They want to kidnap her and sell her for the highest price. She's part of the Ackerman Royal Bloodline. A bloodline dating back to ancient Japan and whatnot. Maybe even further. I need you to protect her and tell her to increase security around their house. I know this is going to be hard and all, knowing she's a selfish bitch, and would probably not even let you close to her but you have to warn her! By any means! Her bloodline is very expensive in the black market. Go! Warn her ASAP!                                   
                                                                 -Eren.

Mikasa read through the line and was shocked to read what was said about her in the letter.

"Royal bloodline? What royal bloodline?" She exclaimed.
Then she kept reading through the letter. She read the part where Jaeger used nasty words to describe her. His words were still bitter and hurt her feelings even more. Even though she already knew he would say all those things about her, she still could not take it.

"She'd kick me out? If only you knew, Eren." Connie said as he shook his head.
"If only you knew..."

Mikasa's hot chocolate was finished. She grabbed two mugs. One for her and the other for Connie. She poured for Connie first and waited patiently for him to taste it.

Connie grabbed his mug and took a sip.

"So?" Mikasa asked as she stared at Connie.

Connie then placed the mug back on the table and said:

"You're pretty good."