Peaceful Dreams Before A Fresh Start

(Eren's POV)

I was sitting on the front passenger seat while my mom was driving. I was laying my head on the car window and looking at the beautiful ocean while thinking about my life from now on.

'What will become of me? Will I stay the same? Will I become someone else? Why is life so cruel? Why does Mikasa have to be so cruel?' Those questions lingering inside my mind for what seemed to be an eternity.

'If she wanted to break-up with me, she should have told me, not lie to me and cheat on me like that. It might have been hard to deal with, but it's better than doing what she did.
If she... ah screw it.'

My mind got eventually tired of thinking about Mikasa. I didn't want to waste my life thinking about her. I've had enough. This is too big of a heartbreak.

I'll miss Armin and Jean and Krista the most out of my friends. They are the closest. I wonder how they're coping with this...

"Eren."

My mother snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Wanna stop by and eat some food? Are you hungry? Want a cheeseburger?"

"Oh god, yes! I'm hungry." I said.

The thinking made me hungry. My mom always knows when I need something and she knows exactly what I need. I'm glad I have her with me.

We stopped at a nearby drive thru fast food restaurant and ordered some cheeseburgers and sodas.

"I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda."

My mom started laughing as I said the famous big smoke line while also mimicking his voice. She was with me when I played that game and that line stuck in her mind as well.

"It's great to see you having fun after all this time." My mom said.

"Yea... you're right. I hope my new life'll be great."

(Time skip)

We continued driving to the new city I'll be living in from here on out. I continued my daydreaming. Dreaming about my new life. Away from everyone. Dreams... peaceful dreams.

Life... is unfair. But sometimes you gotta cope and be strong. No matter how hard life can become, you should always stand strong and proud of who you are.
You should fight. Because if you don't win, you lose and to win you gotta fight.

"Eren. Are you thinking about Mikasa again?" My mom asked me.

"Yea. I just... can't take her out of my mind." I said.

"Well somethings can't be easily forgotten. But wounds will eventually heal."

"I don't think mine will heal anytime soon." I said.

"In time Eren, in time. You'll forget about her soon enough. Don't worry about anything. You'll be fine." I said.

"Thanks Mom."

(Time skip)

We eventually stopped in front of a high-end house overlooking a large city which seemed too expensive even by our standards.

"Eren. This is your new home." My mom said as she stopped in front of a cool new house.

"Wait... your... as in mine and mine alone?" I asked.

"Yes. The property is a modern house with two floors, a garage, and an infinity pool and Jacuzzi.
Unfortunately I gotta live next to work and you next to your high school so your dad bought you this house. All alone." My mom explained.

My eyes widened.
'A home for me?! All alone?! COOL.' I thought.

"I knew we were rich but not THAT rich! Thanks Mom!"

I then took all my stuff away and entered inside my house. My mom helped me with a few stuff and then left.

The house consists of a large living area with a kitchen to the west and stairs to the bedroom to the east. The kitchen has a counter with all the supplies already there along with a cooking book. Outside, the garage and backyard are all connected at a staircase to the left of the house. Downstairs, the bedroom is connected to a hall with three other rooms. A walk-in closet is accessible in the bedroom

"My house... all alone. A fresh start."

I see that you like your new house.

I do. It's all awesome! I cannot believe I live in such house!

Yes. It is unbelievable. Especially for a teenager like you.

It is.

I'll be in touch soon. But before I leave, hear me out. Don't attract any unwanted attention. You're free to do as you please. But nothing outside the boundaries of what any normal teenager would do. Take care now.