Young Innocence

(8 Years Ago - Eren's POV)

"Eren! Come down! There is something I want to tell you!" My mom shouted from the kitchen as I played videogames in my room.

"Coming!" I shouted back. I paused my game and walked to the door and opened it, that's when my mom said: "There is someone here to see you!"

I quickly ran downstairs and went to the kitchen to see who is this person who wants to see me. And that's when I saw my new friend, Mikasa Ackerman. I haven't seen her in two months.

"Eren!" She said as we hugged each other.

"Eren, Mikasa and her parents have moved in next door today." My mom informed as I released Mikasa from the hug.

"Oh really?!" I asked with wide excited eyes as I stared into my mom's own eyes.

"Yea!" Mikasa confirmed. "We can see each other every day now!"

"Of course! That'll be amazing! I will also introduce you to my friend, Armin! We'll make an awesome trio!"

"Now go to your room, Eren. I will prepare some food for the both of you. I'm baking cake!" My mom said as we both ran up the stairs to my room, holding each other's hands.

We entered my room, and that's when I realized, without taking too long to examine, that my room is not at all clean. I left video game disc cases all over the ground, my t-shirts were scattered all over the ground, some even on the bed that wasn't all that tidy.

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed. "I'm so sorry, Mikasa! I didn't tidy my room today because I didn't feel like it! I didn't expect visitors!"

"Oh, don't worry about it! I really don't care. It's your room after all and you have the right to do whatever you want with it. Why don't we clean your room together?" She asked.

"What? No! I don't want to put you into this mess! I'll do it!" I insisted but Mikasa pushed me aside and cracked her fingers and then we both started to clean the room.

After we finished, my mom called us and we went to eat cake.
My mom made a chocolate cake. My favorite. My mom is good at making cakes, maybe not universally good, but she knows how to perfect the recipes she uses.

Then Mikasa's parents came in through the door. I greeted them and then Mikasa and I went to my room and played lots of fun games until they needed to go because it was too late. But Mikasa got to stay because my mom insisted not to let them make her sleep in a house that is not fully furnished.

Mikasa stayed in my room. I slept on the mattress next to my bed while she slept on my bed.

"Goodnight, Eren."

"Goodnight Mikasa."

-------------------------------------------------------

(Next Morning)

I woke up, feeling in a softer place than when I slept last night. I felt that I am in a higher place as well. But the most interesting thing is that I felt one arm wrapped around me.

I looked to my left and saw Mikasa's sleeping face. And that's when I realized it.

I was on my bed and not on my mattress. Mikasa somehow moved me from down there to up here and slept with me all night.

I felt weirded out by this. But I also decided to ignore it because it is not a thing to be concerning your mind about.

I slowly removed Mikasa's hand off me and replaced my body with a pillow. Then I slowly went to the bathroom, did my morning routine and then went downstairs.

I went to the kitchen and saw that my mom was making cereal for us both.

A few minutes later, Mikasa came down and walked inside the kitchen, her face was not sleepy at all, her hair was not messy and was in fact, professionally combed. Guess she did her morning routine.

We ate breakfast and then we went to the backyard to play and had fun all morning.

But now that I think about it, why did Mikasa move me to her bed? And the bigger question is HOW?!