Prologue

Bangkok, Thailand

"Stop there, you sneaky little thief!"

My eyes widened as I realized the voice was getting way too closer than I would have preferred.

"Come on, come on." I whispered to myself as I try my hardest to force my legs to run faster.

People were looking at me curiously, probably wondering what I have done to cause the town's officer to chase after me like a mad dog. Although I would admit that he does looks like one right now. Not that I would dare myself to turn around though.

In a different scenario, if I was looking at this scene right now, I would have been thinking about how much of an asshole these people around me were, not even bothering to help the officer.

But right now, for once I was incredibly grateful for the existence of such insensitive people who lacks the sense of justice in this horrible world. Thank God.

So the story went a little bit like this. After spending the whole night weeping over my bad luck and plotting my ex-employer's murder for firing me as to some unknown reason, the reckless me somehow decided that its a really good idea to use all of the money I got left on some alcohol to wash the pain away. Hence the main reason I woke up this morning with a bile in my throat and an empty pocket near an abandoned building.

After puking out all of the contents in my stomach, afterwards I have to suffer an intense pain coming from my tummy followed by the angry roar of its Queen alerting me that's its time for breakfast.

Trust me, I've tried reasoning with the cashier, even offered to work at the bakery if needed so, but somehow she, being the bitch that she is, shouted at me about my filthy appearance and threatened to kick me out.

Having left with no option, I managed to snatch a few plastics of bread before running away like the bakery was on fire and of course, getting chased by the police officer while doing so.

See, my whole life is a bad luck.

Which led us to my little dilemma right now. And you see, I have some problems here;

1. I need to pee.

2. Queen Tummy was basically letting out her wrath right now, considering the rumbling in my stomach that was getting louder by each second.

3. My energy was slowly coming down to zero, that being the main reason my legs' speed were decreasing and the officer's annoying voice sounding closer.

4. I NEED TO PEE.

"Shit." I muttered as I almost tripped. Stupid little bump.

I ignored the cramp that was starting to form in my thighs and looked around frantically, trying to find a silent escape.

Fortunately I didn't have to worry so much since I heard the officer's small yelp followed by a loud thump. Seems like he tripped over something.

Oh God, I'm taking back my words. Little bumps on the road were basically the most wonderful thing in my life from now on. Bless you, creator of road bumps, whoever you are!

Wasting no time, I noticed a lot of people were crowding around the police officer, checking if he was okay. Using that as my opportunity, I managed to successfully slip away into a silent alley beside me.

Fuck, that was close.

I leaned back to the building beside me, letting its wall support my weight as I try to catch my breath back. My legs were practically numb from all of the running I did just now, and I'm pretty sure it would be so damn sore for the next few days. If my mom was here right now, she would have been telling me "I told you so" basically referring to all those times when she forced me to go exercise.