Chapter Twenty Four

Author's Note: Nothing better than a good ol' Korean OST to set the mood. Enjoy!

***

Jeon Jungkook has a girlfriend.

Girlfriend.

I don't know why but ever since I learnt this tiny bit information 2 hours ago, I've been getting this unsettling feeling deep inside my guts which led to my surly mood that was turning more sour in each and every second that passes this evening.

And now as I glanced at the girl not too far away from me, I can feel the sensation rising back full force before furiously shaking my head to chase the unpleasant thoughts away.

Honestly, this news shouldn't have surprised me. I mean, we're talking about Jungkook here, the very same Jungkook with the handsome face and impossible attitude. The real question should have been how could he not have a girlfriend?

This is very, very weird.

Why the hell do I even care that he does?

Reaching for a glass of wine from a tray nearby, I brought it to my lips and mindlessly took a sip as I diverted my eyes towards anywhere other than Jungkook's now lonely companion.

I've already lost track of Taehyung since the past hour when this one woman came to us and demanded that she wanted to talk to him about a new drama that she was going to produce.

She said that it was supposed to be for a few seconds, but seconds turned to minutes, and minutes turned to be one hour.

But I don't really mind it though, I've got to admit that I kind of need a breather after all those times I wasted on trailing after him like a lost little puppy and mingling with people of high statuses who I don't even know.

Suffice to say, I don't really think I'm going to agree being his date again anytime soon.

The bad thing was that it brought me back to thinking about Jungkook and his pretty little girlfriend.

My lips quickly morphed into a frown just at the thought alone and I wasted no time to take another sip before realizing that the glass was already empty.

Stupid glass.

Putting it back on the tray, I grabbed my black clutch and began making my way aimlessly through the sea of dancing couples as I looked around for any familiar faces.

I just arrived at the second floor when a flustering Chaeyoung came to a stop in front of me.

"Oh, Chaeyoung ah-", before I could finish the sentence however, she already flew past me swiftly.

Turning my head to look at her back that was slowly increasing in distance, I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion when I saw Jimin's figure following closely from the path where she just taken off from.

My eyes automatically narrowed at him as I stared hard at his appearance for any signs of bad news only to find nothing and that he looks just as presentable as when he first came here.

But then, why was she running from him?

"Hey Jimin, where are you-"

"Taehyung's at the balcony.", he suddenly said instead, cutting me off instantly.

I slowly looked to the direction where he was pointing at and was about to tell him that I'm not looking for his friend but the guy has already vanished by then.

Seriously, what's with everyone trying to run away from me tonight?

Heaving a deep sigh, I decided to just let him go and started wandering into the hall when my eyes caught the open door at the far end of the corridor which I assumed led to the said balcony.