Chapter Twenty

"And the winner is........... Team B!"

The crowd went wild as I raised my hands up high in the air after I went pass the finishing line, my eyes shining with pride while I took in the cheers of applause from everywhere around me.

"Lisa! You did it!", Chaeyoung screamed as she ran my way with Jennie and Jisoo unnie hot on her heels.

I shook my head at her while I wiped the beads of sweat on my forehead, "Nah, we did it."

Before I knew it, all of them threw themselves at me.

I let out a loud 'oomph' as I quickly adjusted my footing before my arms went around us all, forming a little group hug.

I think I've fallen in love with these people.

"But seriously though, did they really think that by playing dirty will make them win?", Jennie unnie was quick to address it out after she disentangled herself from us.

After putting on the extra shirt and shoes that Jungkook so kindly borrowed to me, I sprinted to the track just in time to see the coach calling out the teams for the race.

Suffice to say, it was a close call.

I managed to slip into the crowd without so much as being noticed and was so prepared to face my roommates' wrath only to be surprised when they showed concern instead.

And so I spent the next ten minutes before the race explaining to them about what happened to me inside the locker room - minus that thing with Jungkook of course - and before I knew it, they were already fuming and so ready to kill someone that I had to convince them to just forget it and focus on the competition ahead of us.

It was super hard, but after a few seconds they eventually gave up and decided to follow my piece of advice.

I took a gulp out of my water bottle and turned my attention to a scowling Chaeyoung which I must admit is quite a rare sight.

"I'm pretty sure whoever did it must be some very desperate human beings.", she mused out loud.

Forget it, this girl couldn't even say the word 'bitches'.

"Wasn't that hard to guess who though.", Jennie unnie scoffed as she boldly whipped her head towards where the four girls from the track team stood, their pretty faces now surly as they glanced at us in dissatisfaction.

I followed her gaze just in time those girls quickly look away and turned their backs towards us.

Shaking my head in disapproval, I shrugged at my friends, "Its fine guys, what matters now is that we did it."

"Speaking of which, who's the girl that helped you in that locker room again?", Jisoo unnie suddenly asked out of nowhere.

That's right. Instead of telling them straight away about Jungkook, I decided to spice up the story a little bit and told them that someone else entered the room and helped me.

The lies just keep building up now and I really have no idea what to do about it.

I stiffened at the mention of this faceless girl who doesn't even exist and tried to think of something in my head.

"Uh, she didn't tell me her name but I'm pretty sure I've seen her somewhere before.", I managed out instead with a straight face.

They nodded at me thoughtfully.

"Well, whoever she is, we really need to find her so that we could give her a proper thank you.", Jennie unnie suggested as she made a move of wiping underneath her damp hairline before grimacing at the amount of sweat.