Chapter Twenty Three

I have a big problem.

When I agreed to be Taehyung's date, I apparently have forgotten about the fact that I'm living with three other girls who were still clueless about my involvement with the elites.

This is one of those of moments where I would agree with my mother's comment about how slow her daughter is.

"Hurry up girls. The limo driver just texted me that he's arriving in 20 minutes.", Jisoo unnie announced as she waltzed past my opened bedroom door.

I paused from applying another coat of mascara and glanced at her brief reflection through the mirror.

Right on my bed, my phone has already chimed with incoming messages several times already which I assumed was from Taehyung.

He did asked me- No, he did told me that he wants us to go together after all which was basically the whole point of our agreement; for everyone to see that he brought a date.

And so here I am standing in front of the mirror since the past hour as I tried to figure out how to break the news to my roommates without mentioning about Jungkook's little secret.

Checking my minimal makeup for the last time, I nodded in satisfaction and was about to start finding the others when Jennie unnie barged out of her room.

"We have an emergency! My lucky bra strap just snapped!", she exclaimed in panic as she lifted the said undergarment up.

"What do you mean your bra strap just snapped?", Jisoo unnie asked with a frown as she stepped away from the sink.

"I don't know! It just snapped!"

"Well then tell your boobs to stop growing!"

"How do I- Never mind, I'm not even gonna ask.", Jennie unnie finally said before returning back into her room and leaving her door open, "Somebody help me stitch this thing back together!"

"Just wear one of your other Gucci bras!", Jisoo unnie shouted back from the kitchen.

"But I want my lucky bra!"

Silence.

And then I heard a chair screeching backwards from the dining table as Jisoo unnie began storming into her room, "This girl, I swear...."

Shaking my head at the scene just now, I slowly crouched down towards my bed to reach for my cell phone all the while making sure that my dress won't get wrinkled.

For tonight's occasion, I decided to rent a dress that I've been eyeing online for some time now much to my roommates' protest because they prefer the real shopping experience, waiting in line for hours and all that.

It was actually an off-shoulder wedding dress that was designed for a ball, but I was too busy being mesmerized with the beautifully laced bodice and also the sweetheart neckline that I didn't even think when I clicked on 'yes'.

Also about the renting thing, let's just say that I'm not exactly ready yet to waste that much money for just a dress even though there's still more than enough of them in my scholarship account.

After successfully grabbing my cell phone that was situated in the middle of the bed, I quickly turned it on.

Taehyung: Hey just wanna tell you that I'm probably going to be late so just take your time.
(Received 24 minutes ago)