Chapter Twenty Seven

I stared ahead at Jungkook who's currently standing only a few feet away from me as I fanned myself with the script in my hands.

Fuck, its like boiling in here.

Today was supposed to be a fun Sunday. 'Supposed' being the main word.

I woke up this morning feeling as energized as ever and all prepared to explore the city with Chaeng just like how we first planned weeks ago.

And then I saw Miss Han's message in our group chat.

Having to practice for something that I'm not remotely invested in during a weekend is already bad enough. Insert Jeon Jungkook in the equation, and you get a disaster.

So far ever since the past hour we both somehow has managed to stay civil with each other but knowing how he is, I'm pretty sure something's gonna happen anytime soon.

Or basically him acting like an asshole for no reason.

He himself was only donning a white wifebeater and slacks, his denim jacket long ago forgotten due to the amount of heat in the theater room courtesy of the afternoon sun.

Little did he know, he was actually doing a good job at distracting a lot of people in here. People being girls, who unlike me, were not completely immune to his charms meaning they get all weak in the knees and would eye him like a piece of candy while he practices his lines.

Although I can't be sure if he's really that oblivious to it or not, because I swear I saw his lips twitch when someone sighed as he took off that jacket.

And now while he was busy talking to Miss Han about God knows what, he would occasionally run his hand over his beautifully tousled hair which would tighten them holy arm muscles and earn him even more dreamy looks.

Ugh. What a show off.

I was still judging him in distaste when Miss Han clapped her hands loudly, "Okay! So this is the scene where Romeo seeks out Juliet for the first time. I want you both to look like you crave each other as much as you can."

At that, I shot her an incredulous look before turning my attention to Jungkook who now was eyeing me with a smug face, as if he's making fun of me in his mind or something.

The only few things that I crave here were sleep, a cold shower and also a thick book with a super hard cover to slap that smirk off his face, but I'm not exactly going to tell her that am I?

I couldn't even voice out my objection as the woman then shouted, "Ready.... Action!"

Jungkook closed his eyes for a second before fluttering them open again, his face expression now showing thousands of different emotions, emotions which he rarely ever displayed for everyone to see.

My heart skipped a beat.

After that I had to watch him slowly saunter my way in aggravating silence before one of his hands extended out to reach for mine.

"If I profane with my unworthiest hand, this holy shrine, the gentle fine is this.", his longs fingers began moving in gentle caresses, "My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand, to smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss."

Whoa, is it just me or is getting way hotter in here?

I blinked my eyes slowly at his piercing gaze that's directed towards me now and looked down at our intertwined hands nervously.

As if to increase my anxiety level, the jerk then started playing with the various charms that were attached to my silver bracelet, his fingers rifling through the tiny ornaments in whisper-like touches.