Chapter Thirty Five

"I....", I stammered as I looked at the fallen expression on the face of the boy sitting beside my bed.

I say boy because that's exactly how he looked like at this moment. A mere sad, lonely boy.

All this time he wears that blank proud mask when he actually has been through so much pain.

Who would have guessed?

And also not to forget that obvious scar, the father thing I keep hearing about between them, The Devil Dancer....

Everything finally made sense now.

I settled on a sigh, "I don't know what to say, Jungkook."

"You don't have to. Its a lot to take in.", he slumped his shoulders forward, "Hell, even until now it still haunts me."

"Yeah, that's what your past does to you.", I said with a defeated voice.

Because growing up in a poor family, I tend to be grateful over every single thing that was handed to me now with the memories of me struggling in the past serving as a permanent reminder. Its literally like a mental memo that was stuck to the side of my head.

But growing up in a broken one? I have no idea.

He just stayed quiet as he continued staring at the top of my covers mindlessly.

"But you also can do something too.", I added carefully.

"You can let go."

At that, his head finally lifted to look at me.

"You can let go.", I repeated in a more determined voice, "And you can move forward and focus on where you are currently. You can focus on trying to make yourself happy like...."

"Ordering you around?"

I had to stop myself from smiling and shoot him an annoyed look instead, "You jerk. Other than that."

He let out a chuckle before pretending to think it over.

"Going to the amusement park. I like that.", he settled instead.

As if on cue, my mind instantly replayed back to the time when we went into the ferris wheel and this time, I didn't fight back my smile.

He also did the same.

"Yeah, I like that too.", I answered a little breathlessly when I suddenly became aware of our close proximity or the fact that his hand was situated just a hair's breadth away from mine.

His smile only widened.

Clearing my throat, I put my business face back on and darted my eyes away from him.

"So yeah, like I said, focus on that. Make yourself happy. Maybe its time you stop pleasing everyone else and start pleasing yourself instead.", I said nonchalantly.

Oh shit, did I just say 'start pleasing yourself'? I wondered in panic.

Jungkook being Jungkook quickly catches on my words, "Hmm this part I'm interested in. What kind of ways do you think I should use to please myself?"