Chapter Thirty Three

"Lisa! Wake up! You're late for your class!"

I groaned as I felt my body being shook back and forth, the momentum triggering an intense throb inside my head.

"My head.", I protested weakly with a parched throat.

Fuck, why does my tongue feels like sand? And why the hell I couldn't open my eyes?

"What?", Jisoo unnie asked in confusion.

Ignoring the feeling of someone beating a hammer on my brain, I tried to answer her although it came out more of a whisper, "My head feels so heavy."

"Ugh, stop acting and get your lazy ass off the bed now you-"

A cold hand landed on my forehead.

And then it was total chaos.

"Holy shit, you're burning!"

"I'm burning?", I attempted to ask but instead was only able to mouth it soundlessly.

Taking no mind of me anymore, I heard her footsteps getting far away for a few seconds before she started hollering at the top of her lungs, "Yo Chaeyoung! Call the police!"

"What? Why should we call the police?", another set of footsteps coming before it stopped somewhere probably outside my bedroom, "Did someone rob our house?"

"No just call them!"

I could almost hear Chaeng shaking her head impatiently, "Oh God, calm down Unnie. Tell us what happened first."

"Its Lalisa! She's burning!", Jisoo unnie shouted again.

"What? Then we should call the firemen!"

Oh God.

Jisoo unnie was silent for a beat before finally answering, "Oh you're right. Call them now!"

Just when I thought that the situation couldn't be any more worse, I heard another voice reverberating from the living room.

"No wait a minute. What do you mean that she's burning?", Jennie unnie asked slowly.

Thank God.

"Her body! It feels so hot like I'm touching fire!"

And then as if improving her point, Jisoo unnie barged inside my room again and put a finger on me before taking it away like I just burned her.

This unnie, I swear...

A few feet away from me, I can hear Chaeyoung making a panicky noise, "Why didn't you say so? I'll call the ambulance now!"

"Oh my God, will you calm down? Let me check on her first.", Jennie unnie quickly interrupted in a stern voice which successfully made the two quiet.

After a few seconds of silence, I feel her stepping closer towards me and unconsciously let out a shuddering breath.

"Lisa? Are you awake? Can you open your eyes?"

I tried to do as I was told but my eyelids just felt so heavy as if something was holding it down and the throbbing inside my head was only starting to grow more and more painful causing me to just settle with a breathless "Unnie..."