Chapter Forty Five

I am not a killer.

Taking a sip of the watermelon juice that I bought just now, I narrowed my eyes towards the shoreline where Jungkook stood together with his fake girlfriend.

His fake girlfriend who I must say was really acting quite weirdly.

I mean, it has been a whole 24 hours since our encounter at the resort's ball court yesterday. And the girl hasn't even uttered a single word to me.

Not that I'm complaining but knowing her snappish attitude, she should has already sent me one of her catty remarks by now.

But she didn't.

I know, crazy right?

Its either the elites have told her everything about me and she had decided to play nice or she just have some ulterior motive running inside her pretty little head.

I saw her glancing towards me out of the corner of her eye before a smug look began taking over her face.

Oh yeah, its definitely the latter I tell you.

I am not a killer, I repeated again inside my mind.

I was still busy glaring at the top of her high ponytail when I vaguely realize somebody taking a seat on the lounging chair beside me.

"You alright?"

Instantly recognizing Taehyung's deep voice, I let out a long sigh. "Was it that obvious?"

"Very," he moved his right leg so that it was on top of the other before turning to look at me, "How are you enjoying the island so far?"

At the mention of the place, I let my eyes sweep over the gorgeous scenery laying in front of me for a moment. We were currently seated on a concrete platform overlooking the vast sea behind the hotel. It would honestly be a perfect view if it wasn't for the wicked girl beside Jungkook tainting the whole image.

"It was nice," I finally grumbled under my breath.

If Taehyung noticed the depressed tone in my voice, he didn't comment on it. Instead, he used it as an opportunity to divert the subject.

"My parents love the beach. In fact, this was actually the place where they first met each other."

He succeeded.

I looked at him in bewilderment, "They actually met each other here?"

"My mom preferred the term 'found each other' but yes, they met here," he paused to take a sip of his own drink. "Although my uncle was actually the person who deserved all the credits. He's the one who introduced them both."

"You have an uncle?"

A sad smile took over his face for a brief moment, "Had."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

He lifted his shoulders in a half shrug, "Its fine, it was a long time ago."

My eyes scanned over his now blank expression before noticing the dark smudges along his fingertips.

"What are those?"

He glanced at his hands, "Oh, these? These are actually paint smudges."

I raised my eyebrows in surprise, "Wait a minute. You paint?"

"Yeah, what do you think I was doing in my room the whole time yesterday?"

I stared at him as I let my mind process the fact that he was also talented in art.

Damn, I swear I just keep learning more and more amazing facts about these guys everyday.

Sending him a sheepish smile, I shrugged before moving my gaze back towards the sea.