Chapter Four

The next morning, I was tying my shoelaces when someone knocked on my door.

"Come in.", I said without looking up.

"Hey, so, we're going to have breakfast later at 8 am wanna- Wait, where are you going?'

I got up from my crouching position to find Jennie unnie's head peeking from my door, "Jogging?"

She gave me an incredulous look, "At 7 am in the morning?"

Making sure my white tank top is securely tucked into my running shorts, I asked her, "Yeah, why?"

She just blinked for a while before shaking her head, "Nothing. Anyways, we're having breakfast at 8 at a café nearby. We just wanna know if you would like to join us?"

I returned her smile and nodded, "Sure, I'll see if I could make it back before 8."

"Alright, if there's anything just call any of us.", with that she went back to her room.

Last night, they asked me for my phone number so that they can add me into their group chat in LINE. So basically now I've got 3 more phone numbers inside my phone.

I don't know why, but somehow it made me feel giddy for no reason. You could say that perhaps its because this is my first time having my own cell phone.

Grabbing my phone, I unlocked it before scrolling through my contact list to find Bambam's number and sending him a message about me not being able to have breakfast with him today.

After that, I contemplated contacting Mr Kim to tell him that I've already settled in safely but then decided against it.

I don't know why, but ever since I knew Mr Kim, I've been having these illusions of me with my own father. And as much as I am thankful to him for everything, I really don't want to get way too attached to him. He probably just saw me as some charity case anyways.

Sighing, I pocketed my phone before getting out of my apartment.

***

I inhaled the fresh air outside before starting to jog slowly.

I found this jogging trail near our campus a few weeks before I started enrolling there.

Mr Kim's secretary was asked to drive me around Seoul that day, and I was so excited that when he was buying us ice-creams at a parlor beside the park , I got out of the car and ran around for a few minutes before discovering the trail.

I immediately decided that I'm going to use it when I'm at the academy.

To say that I got scolded by Mr Kim after that was an understatement.

The man basically grounded me inside his house for a week and trust me it was the most extreme form of torture I've ever faced. Considering we're the only ones living there along with my mother, although he does have a son who I've never met but I'm too shy to ask him about it. One thing for sure, he loves his son as much as my mother loves me.

I think I've heard him on the phone with his son a few times or so.

Maintaining my even pace, I noticed another person jogging in front of me.

Squinting my eyes, I looked at his broad back in the black hoodie and immediately knew that its a guy.

Well, seems like my secret jogging trail is not a secret after all.

Squaring back my shoulders, I suddenly feel like going faster and so I kicked my legs into full gear mode, passing by the stranger before slowing down for a bit.