Chapter Eighteen

"Its going through my throat now. I can feel it.", Bambam mumbled for the third time this morning before doubling over and gagging out loud, the only thing that's coming out of his mouth however was air.

He then resumed to cough continuously after sitting back upright on his seat, his face unusually pale.

"What did you eat again yesterday?", I asked him in full concern as my eyes scanned over his weak body.

He just stared at me with an impassive face before muttering another 'I don't know'.

"Dude, you sure you're gonna be fine today?", Yugyeom who was also on the table leaned over his best friend to check on him, his hands palming both of Bambam's cheeks.

Today is actually the most awaited day since the past few weeks; yes you guessed it right, the sports festival day.

I was getting ready in my room this morning when I got a call from Yugyeom telling me about Bambam's condition. I went to the cafeteria straight away to see both guys on our usual table with a somewhat gloomy aura surrounding them.

And then I found out that Bambam is getting food poisoning.

I tried forcing him to go to the nurse's office, but Bambam being Bambam, refused to do so and instead decided to just wait for the pain to go away.

So here we are, waiting for him to puke out the bad food remnants inside his stomach.

I sighed as he went into another gagging fit when I heard someone shout my name.

Looking around, I finally spotted Jisoo unnie at the cafeteria entrance as she waved her hands around for me.

"Lisa! Let's go!"

As if noticing my obvious hesitation, Bambam nudged my body away.

"Just go. I'll see you at the field.", he drawled slowly before coughing once again, earning a worried look from me.

I looked at him unsurely, "If there's anything, just call me alright?"

He just nodded before waving his hand off at me, his forehead now resting on the surface of the table.

"Its okay, I got him.", Yugyeom smiled at me as he patted Bambam's back multiple times, earning a groan from the guy.

I returned his smile before standing up to make my way towards Jisoo unnie who now has both of her hands on her waist, her face not too happy.

"So, where are we going?", I asked her as we began walking together- or basically just me following behind her.

She sent me a disapproving look over her shoulder, "You didn't read the itinerary."

Whoops.

I give her a sheepish grin as I shrugged, "Yeah, about that.... I forgot."

She just shook her head at me, "To the academy hall for the opening ceremony. And then we're gonna have a briefing session for our sports category along with other students.", she explained quickly.

"Anyways, what's with your friend just now? He doesn't look too well."

I let out a humourless chuckle at that, "Not well is an understatement. He got food poisoning."

"Wasn't he competing too today? I saw him wearing sport shoes and all.", she wondered out loud as we took a turn over a corner, me almost bumping onto someone in the process.

I muttered a quick apology to the person who flashed me an annoyed look before fastening my pace to walk beside her, "Yeah, he's joining the high jump, double tennis and also track relay race."