Chapter Thirty Six

Fireworks.

So so so many fireworks everywhere.

I let out a soft gasp as Jungkook tightened his hold on the back of my neck, the palpable heat from his palm searing my skin all the way to the tips of my toes.

Fuck, I've imagined kissing Jeon Jungkook so many times in my dreams before, but none of it could ever hold a candle to this one.

Its electrifying. Earth shattering. Passionate.

My whole body was abuzz and rolling with desire. And once he started sucking onto my bottom lip, I swear I had to restrain myself from rubbing onto his leg.

The guy could kiss, alright.

Of course he could, and he also has a girlfriend you silly girl.

Girlfriend.

My eyes immediately opened and multiple things came to me at once.

1. I am kissing Jungkook. The Jeon Jungkook. One of the elites.

2. We are performing a play. And everyone in the hall were currently staring at us.

3. We shouldn't have kissed. I was supposed to PECK him on the lips ONCE and go into dead mode.

4. I fucked up.

5. I just realized that my friends are currently here somewhere in the middle. And also Kim Taehyung and Park Jimin.

6. I want a hamburger.

7. Jungkook was the one who pulled my head. He was the one who initiated the kiss. Then I shouldn't really worry about it too much right? Although nobody would know that except for me....

Oh fuck, they are going to think that I'm the one who came onto him.

I barely register the feel of Jungkook's hard bulge grazing the side of my hips when I heard sniffings coming all over the room. And that's when relief hit over me like a truck.

They still thought we're performing, thank God.

Just on cue, I caught Miss Han's expectant face down the stage and I immediately went into action.

Grabbing the base of my throat, I made a show of coughing as dramatically as I could all the while ignoring the fact that I must have looked like a crazy woman choking on something and wiped the corner of my mouth frantically as if trying to remove some nonexistent poison.

A few seconds after that, I proceeded to lie down a little bit less gracefully and played dead.

More crying ensues.

"Oh God, why must she kiss him?! Now she's dead!", some unknown woman wailed in the crowd.

Sigh.

As if I don't know that.

***

"Lalisa Manoban!"

I winced at the high pitched scream coming from the dressing room doorway and swiftly pulled my hair up into a messy bun.

Glancing at the mirror, I briefly register Jisoo unnie's determined face followed by my two other roommates and slumped my shoulders in defeat.

I know I'm going to have to face some people after that stunt on the stage, but not this soon.

"Yes unnie."