Chapter Eight

Author's Note: So like, I've already expected some of you to be mad at Jungkook but just remember that he has his own reasons for being like that (although I have to add that IT IS WRONG to attack a girl like that, remember that boys) and that the real Jungkook is definitely different and much much more kind and lovable (but still hot lol)

Anyways, enjoy!

***

White.

That's the first thing that came to mind as I opened my eyes and tried to adjust with the sudden presence of blinding light from everywhere around me.

Where am I?

I searched my mind for any clue about what just happened but keep getting distracted due to the slight discomfort coming from my throat.

My throat. Jungkook. The Devil Dancer.

I gasped before cringing in pain, only then realizing that my neck was hurt.

"Lisa?"

Someone called my name from my right and I turned to them, suddenly feeling dreaded about who I'm about to see before finding Jisoo unnie hovering over me.

Thank God its not them because I'm not sure if I'm ready to face them yet.

On second thought, I'm not even sure if I want to face them for like, ever.

"Unnie.", I croaked, my voice sounding hoarse even to my own ears.

As if getting the hint, Jisoo unnie immediately helped me to sit up before handing me a glass of plain water.

I lifted it to my mouth with shaky hands and took a sip before sighing in relief.

Heaven.

After drinking the whole glass, I put it back on my bedside and turned to Jisoo unnie.

"How did I get here?", I inquired as I finally took notice of the place I'm in.

The nurse's office. I'm in the nurse's office.

Jisoo unnie took her seat beside my bed and explained.

"Chaeyoung, Jennie and me got a call from the office today. But they both couldn't make it due to their band practice so here I am. I came here straight after class."

I nodded at the information although my mind was still spinning slightly.

So they just left me here? After everything?

Assholes.

I looked at Jisoo unnie's concerned face beside me and contemplated telling her the truth.

But then, if she believes me and tries to defend me, they would come for her too and I can't risk that to happen.

Deciding to forget about it for now, I focused on my neck instead and was about to ask her if she know anything about it when someone walked in.

"Oh, you're awake!"

A woman who looked like she's in her thirties headed towards us with a huge smile.

In her right hand was something that looked like a file and she was wearing a white lab coat so it doesn't really took long for me to recognize who she is.

Dropping the file on my bedside, she thrusted her gloved hand my way.

"Hello, my name is Dr Lee and I'm in charge of the infirmary today."

I was taken aback by her friendliness for a moment before taking her hand into mine and shaking it slowly.

"So!", she said cheerily, "It appeared that you fainted due to lack of oxygen but don't worry, your body is all recovered now after the amount of rest that you did just now."