Chapter Thirty

"So... What are you guys doing today?"

I stopped mid chewing and looked up cautiously towards the boys before glancing at Mr Kim who asked the question just now.

Wiping my mouth with the napkin provided, I started, "I'm planning to stay at-"

"We're all going to the mall."

Raising my eyebrows in surprise because I clearly did not know anything about that, I shot Jimin a what-are-you-talking-about look to which the jerk just ignored as he continued to munch on his breakfast happily.

"Oh? That sounds fun.", Mr Kim said nonchalantly.

Beside me, my mom doesn't miss the opportunity to blab away, "About time this lazy bum got dragged out of the house. Its like she's allergic to the sun or something."

I gave her a dry look just as Jimin and Taehyung chuckled in unison, "I went to the academy. That's counted as going out too."

"No its not."

"Yes it is."

"Nope."

"Yes- Okay fine, its not.", I rolled my eyes when she lifted her chin in triumph.

This woman will be the death of me someday soon, I swear.

Deciding that I need to change the topic quick, I turned to the guys, "What are we looking for at the mall again? I kind of forgot."

Jimin shot me an unimpressed look- that jerk, "We told you last night.", they totally did not, "We're looking for new underwear for me."

At the end of the table, Mr Kim choked on his mushroom soup. My mother raised her eyebrows suggestively meanwhile I... Well, I kind of expected that actually.

Story of my life.

"Wow, I didn't expect that all of you are this close already.", he finally managed out after recovering, his eyes moving from the elites and back to me.

Taehyung smirked at that, "Yeah she's not running away from us anytime soon now."

Is it just me or does that sound like an indirect threat?

Mr Kim was oblivious to my inner thought however as he nodded in understanding, "Oh well then, don't keep her out for too long."

"Nah, you can take her away until next year if you want to, gives me less things to worry about.", my mom encouraged happily.

Huh. The mother that's missing her daughter everyday who? I should've ran away into Jisoo unnie's arms first thing yesterday as soon as I spotted the elites in the living room.

Making a face at her, I turned my gaze away only to meet Jungkook's eyes across the table.

Images of him clutching onto me for dear life from the night before emerged again inside my mind and I quickly ducked my head in embarrassment.

To say that the morning after was awkward would be an understatement.

I woke up feeling like I just got dumped on earth straight from the deepest pit of hell. My back was completely sore from leaning into the bed's wooden headboard all night long and my neck felt like its about to snap into two anytime soon.