Chapter Twenty Nine

"Lalisa Manoban. You better tell me where the hell are you right now before I call the police and tell them that you've committed homicide and ran away with our money."

I slowly gulped at the warning all the while pulling my luggage into the main entrance with one hand holding the phone to my ear, "Uh the thing is..... I'm already at my home."

Eerie silence.

"You sly little fox, how could you bail on us just like that!?"

At her increasing voice tone, I pulled the phone away and cringed, "But unnie, I already told you I'm not going to join-"

My steps immediately came to a halt as I took in the unfamiliar sight of the three men lounging around in the living room, my hand still attached to my luggage's handle.

"I will call you back later.", I told Jisoo unnie before quickly ending the call without waiting for her reply, my eyes already zeroing in onto the people that were sprawled across the living room's mega huge couch.

"What are you guys doing here?", I asked in confusion.

Jimin doesn't even bother removing his eyes from the television screen as he answered shortly, "Watching the television."

"Uh, no. I mean why are you guys here, inside this house?", I tried again with a different set of words.

All of them just stayed quiet as they exchanged funny looks with each other before Taehyung finally stated the very obvious thing, "This is my house."

"No what I mean is-", I closed my eyes in frustration, "Forget it. I'm going up to my room."

"Oh if you're coming back down later can you please grab my phone on my bed? The door's not locked. Thanks."

I rolled my eyes at Jimin's order just as I arrived in front of my bedroom door, "Take it yourself!", I shouted back to him before swiftly entering my room and slamming the door shut.

It was currently Friday evening, the start of a weekend where our academy allows us to go back home since its the end of the month already.

According to Jisoo unnie's plan (which she didn't even discuss with us or asked for our approval), I wasn't allowed to return home today since she has already booked a few nights at the famous family resort near Gangnam city for us four roommates. But while that sounds exciting and all, I think I very much prefer to go back and visit my ill mother who's probably missing her daughter every day.

Plus she said that there are gonna be lots of parties. And I hate socializing, so that's that.

Hence imagine my surprise when I discovered the elites chilling around downstairs just now as if they came back here often, the images of me having the whole place to myself broken and crushed into pieces.

Seems like my weekend isn't gonna be that peaceful after all.

I mean, they barely even come here before this and also shouldn't they be enjoying their life at their very own penthouse?

I'm kind of considering Jisoo unnie's offer again right now.

Putting my luggage down on the floor beside my bed, I stretched my body slowly to soothe my stiff muscles caused by a few hours of sitting upright inside the car just now and moaned in relief.