How to be saved

This is a part that I wanted to talk about because I know some of the people that read my story are not Christian and want to be so hopefully this will give you a better understanding of how to get saved and hopefully after reading this you can accept Jesus as your savior.

So how exactly do we become saved? How can we become a Christian? It is actually very simple. Some people might think that we have to do a lot of stuff to become saved but the Bible makes it clear for us. John 3:16 says "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life". To become saved we need to believe in Jesus and that means believing in what he did for us and believe that we are sinners and that we have sinned. We as sinners must come to repentance.

A lot of us including me don't really take the time to think about what Jesus did for us. But we cannot begin to comprehend what he did for us. It is just too much for us to understand and take in. Romans 5:8 says "but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us".  He was beaten, bruised, and crucified when he did nothing wrong. He took our place because he loved us that much. Jesus took all of our sins. The sins of all the people in the past, the sins of all the people in the present, and the sins of all the people in the future. We should've been on that cross not him. That right there is love and there is no greater love than that. Not only did he pay for our sins on the cross but he gives us eternal life! 

We do not have to pray some sort of special prayer. Remember that God knows our hearts. Here is just an example of accepting Jesus as your savior. You don't have to pray exactly like this:

"Dear God, I know I'm a sinner, and I ask for your forgiveness. I believe Jesus Christ is Your Son. I believe that He died for my sin and that you raised Him to life. I want to trust Him as my Savior and follow Him as Lord, from this day forward. Guide my life and help me to do your will. I pray this in the name of Jesus. Amen."

As I said this is an example. If you don't know how to pray and you are confused look at this. In the prayer, the person confessed that he was a sinner and he asked for forgiveness. He believed that Jesus Christ is God. He believed that he died for his sin and that God raised him to life. He wants him to be his savior and he wants to follow Jesus as Lord. He wants Jesus to guide his life. It is simple. God does not care how you pray it as long as you believe it and accept him as your savior. So what are you waiting for? The time is now to get right with God!