Sex After Marriage!

In this chapter I will be explaining why God made sex and when to have it.

I don't get why people think sex is bad. Humans have distorted sex and have done wrong with it which is why I think it has a bad reputation for some. Some people think sex is good which it is but you need to know when to do it.

God created sex because it was good. Genesis 2:24 says "Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh". This is talking about marriage but it also talks about becoming one flesh. Notice how it says man and wife meaning man and woman. Becoming one flesh means to become one and this is talking about after marriage. God also says in Genesis 1:28 to "be fruitful and multiply" and the way you multiply is through sex so God wants us to do that.

The NT often prohibits fornication. Fornication is sexual intercourse between people not married to each other. Now sex in itself is not bad. Sex is a good and an amazing thing between a man and a woman but it involves commitment. It should be a livelong commitment and something you do after marriage,

1 Corinthians 7:3-5 says "The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control". So, the man's body belongs to the woman's body and vise versa. This does not mean that the man can abuse the woman's body or vise versa. When two people are married, they make a commitment to love each other. That is why marriage is so important and that is why you need to make sure you don't take marriage jokingly.

When two people who love each other very much get married, that marriage since they both agreed to it gives them the right to have sex since they have made a commitment with each other. It involves responsibility as well. Now the wife's body belongs to the husband's body and vise versa so now they can become one flesh. Keep in mind, they agreed to it. That is what marriage is about.

Mark 10:8-12 says "And the two shall become one flesh. So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate. And in the house the disciples asked him again about this matter. And he said to them, "Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her, and if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery." Adultery means voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not his or her spouse. This represents how serious marriage is. Marriage should be a one time thing and you should do it with someone you truly love and want to spend the rest of your life with. MAKE SURE you are ready and if you're not then wait because it is better for a marriage to be taken slowly and to last than to not last and be taken too fast. If your spouse dies you are aloud to marry someone else (1 Corinthians 7:8-9; 1 Timothy 5:14). That is if they die because they cannot be your spouse anymore since they are dead.

What many people do not talk about is how you can get diseases from sex. So much stuff today whether it be movies or music, talks about sex and that it feels good and all that stuff. If you have done it with one person and do it with someone else, the people you have had sex with before will carry on over. The more people you do it with the more chances you have of getting diseases from it being transmitted. Sex is not something you should be going around doing.

Why I believe it is not right is simply this: If you have sex with someone who is not married to you, what is going to happen when they do not want to be with you anymore? You have a baby and now, the baby has a split family so it is worse on the baby. That is why it is so important for after marriage because then your bodies belong to each other and you do not have to worry about splitting if you truly love each other. Less pressure on the baby and the baby is happy! Before marriage, your bodies DO NOT belong to each other and you have no right to act like they do. The Bible warns us a lot about this and marriage is one of the most important decisions you will make in your life.