Death

Thanks to @Decembra1998 for the idea of death!

I like learning about what happens when we die but do not like talking about it because Christians speculate over what happens when we die. Do we sleep in the grave or do we go straight to heaven? I will do my best to explain but since I have never died I cannot tell you exactly what happens.

I am not going to act like I understand everything. I am going to be talking about 2 things I believe could be a possibility when we die.

If we look at 1 Samuel 28, we see that Samuel has died (verse 3) keep that in mind. The Lord did not answer Saul (verse 6)  (later find out it is because David owns the kingdom) so he tried to find out why. So he seeked out a woman who was a medium (verse 7) and the woman said who should I bring up for you? Saul said bring up Samuel (verse 11). Now the most important verse in this entire chapter is 1 Samuel 28:15 which says "Then Samuel said to Saul, "Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?" (There is more but this is the most important part). Most versions of the Bible use "Bringing up" but if he was in heaven why would he be brought up? There can be A LOT of speculation over this and people can interpret this differently but one way I believe that can happen is soul sleep as in you sleep in the grave. Now, if this is true we would not be awake for it because that would seem like a sort of torture method but think of it as when you go to sleep and you don't have a dream, not aware of anything but it goes by really fast and you wake up.  God would not want to torture you. I believe soul sleeping could be a possibility. Luke 8:52 and 1 Corinthians 15:6 are other examples of this (depending on how you interpret it)

The next possibility is we go straight to heaven. Hebrews 9:27 says "And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment." When Jesus was talking to the man in Luke 23:43 he said, "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise." Now we also have to keep in mind that from what we know there will be a NEW HEAVEN and a NEW EARTH so that means if that is true and there is a temporary Earth there can be a temporary heaven.

This chapter is not to change your mind on anything but to give you some verses to make you think. Me personally, I am okay with either of these. I cannot say that I know for sure because obviously I have not died yet but we can use what we have which is the Bible and look in the Bible for evidence but I think truly we will not know until we die. I also understand people interpret stuff differently and have a different understanding on some of the verses. I am not 100% sure what will happen when we die but these were just a few possibilities. I believe both of these could be a possibility but overall I know in the end I will be with Jesus.