Anger

Thank you guys for giving me ideas. I am excited because I got a whole bunch of ideas from you guys and I am ready to talk about them. Thanks to @GodsWritingWarrior for the idea of anger! She was the first to comment! I will be taking a look at other ideas in the days to come as well.

Before we get into this, I want to make clear that there is a good anger which is often called righteous indignation and there is bad anger. The definition for righteous indignation is "typically a reactive emotion of anger over mistreatment, insult, or malice. It is akin to what is called the sense of injustice". Of course God is going to be angry when we are mistreated. In fact, he is angry about it everyday. Psalm 7:11 says "God is a righteous judge, and a God who feels indignation every day". God is a righteous judge and even he gets angry about it. A good example would be Mark 3:5 which says "And he looked around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, and said to the man, Stretch out your hand. He stretched it out, and his hand was restored". God was angry because of their hearts and how they were hardened and he still helped the man by restoring his hand. So it is not a sin to get angry. God even tells us to be angry! Ephesians 4:26 says "Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger". So there is a time where we are aloud to be angry but we shouldn't let it get to the point where we sin.

There is also bad anger. Proverbs 29:11 says "A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back". It does not say holy spirit. It just says spirit. This shows that our spirit is bad as well. When we get mad, we have to hold it back. Psalm 37:8 says "Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath! Fret not yourself; it tends only to evil". Here it says that anger ONLY leads to evil and this is talking about bad anger of course. When we get angry we tend not to think about what we do during that time. We release the spirit and it shows what is in our hearts. James 1:20 says "For the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God". When we are angry we are not setting an example to be righteous like God. We need to be righteous like God and that means to not get angry to where sin enters in.

Luckily, Jesus gives us ways to overcome anger! Proverbs 28:13 says "Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy". If we don't tell God about our anger he still knows. It is us who need to come to him and ask him for forgiveness for getting angry. That way he will forgive us and we can prosper and grow. 1 John 1:9 says "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness". So what are you waiting for? Talk to God now and confess to him. He will forgive you!