Depression

(UPDATE SOON)
(NOT UNPUBLISHING)

I think that each and every one of us struggle with depression. Ecclesiastes 3:1 says "For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven". Now I am not going to be taking a look at most of the chapter because I feel like this verse alone explains it. There is a season and a time for EVERY MATTER. This means at times we are allowed to feel depressed. It says that there is a season/time which means we cannot stay like that forever. I feel like there are some people who are depressed and they choose to just stay that way. It does not make it any better if you choose to stay in that state.

I would be lying if I said that there was never a time where I have felt depressed. I think there is a difference between feeling depressed and being depressed. Yes, I have felt depressed before. I have overthought things and thought bad things before. Who hasn't? I have been sad before. Although I have never been depressed before as in actually being in a state of depression. We all have our bad days.

The Bible gives help on what to do. While not completely addressing depression, I feel like people should still read these verses. It shows them what to do during bad times so it can help them. Psalm 34:17-18 says "When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit". I don't know about you guys but I just love these verses. It has so much to offer. When we, the righetous cry for help and we ask God about something, he hears us. I find it amazing how we have a God who listens to us. Not only does he hear us but he also delivers us out of our troubles. So, he takes the time to help us out with our problems. He is near the brokenhearted. I feel like we all get closer to God when we have times of trouble. That is the time when most people want to talk to him when they have trouble. But good news! He is there for you! Whether you are dealing with troubles or not.

Matthew 11:28 says "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest". We  do not have to be afraid to come to God because he wants us to come to him! 1 Peter 5:7 says "Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you". God wants us to cast all the fears we have on him. He wants us to cast all our anxieties on him so we do not have to carry them ourselves. Can you believe that we have such an amazing God who wants to hear from us and who wants to help us with our problems? From these verses here we can tell that he wants to get to know us better and he wants to get to know you better! I am going to leave you guys off with one last verse for this part. Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope". God has a plan for me and he has a plan for you! Wherever and whoever you are now, know that he has a plan for you specifically and the plan is for good! We do not have to be afraid because he is our hope!